Round Valley Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any updates on conditions ?

Hills are still there I bet. I'm sure it will be wet here & there but ride if you want. Very little chance you can do damage to any of the trails, at least no more than the maintenance guys do when let do trail work. ;)

Clapper

Today's conditions were nice and dry. One thing though, for some reason I assumed shotgun hunting would only be allowed outside the park(cushetunk parking area). Not true, there were hunters everywhere...it made it quite exciting...trying to complete a ride without getting your head blown off. I should have realized, but it was odd that there weren't any signs posting that a hunt was going on inside the park.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today's conditions were nice and dry. One thing though, for some reason I assumed shotgun hunting would only be allowed outside the park(cushetunk parking area). Not true, there were hunters everywhere...it made it quite exciting...trying to complete a ride without getting your head blown off. I should have realized, but it was odd that there weren't any signs posting that a hunt was going on inside the park.

Good thing mtbnj's colors include orange. Thanks for almost getting me killed though Dave. :p

Turbotrix

It was nice and dry today but the hunters were a little unnerving. I saw a couple of hikers with orange storm fencing wrapped around them. Interesting look...

Last edited:

Clapper

I'm sure conditions will be fine. I'm pretty sure there is no hunting going on inside rv for the rest of 2011. However, I think bow season starts up Jan. 2 which includes hunting inside the park.

If you park in the south lot there is a memo on the bulletin board with hunting info for rv.

Robin

Rode today - forgot to check out the hunting info...sorry.

Cushetunk trail was fine - few wet patches between the lot and the switchback, but nothing bad at all. Overall, great shape. Place kicks my bum every time.

I am not sure if it was already noted, but the ST from the parking lot that cuts over to the fire road (short cut) was blocked by a shrub...

beaner

Conditions were great yesterday. Only did the xterra course, about 10 miles. Trails were clear with the exception of leaves. Some muddy spots but nothing too bad. Watch the ruts.

ArmyOfNone

Trails are all clear, dry and in good shape. I would avoid the Eagle trail. I learned the hard way today that the scouts gave up on maintaining that one.

THATmanMANNY

Ride Saturday 3/17/12?

Anybody feel like riding here sat morn? Style: intermediate, chill, just take in some scenery

Itching for some lengthy downhills

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions