rooftop cargo box

RobW

family is growing, need more cargo space for road trips.. anyone have any not being used? cash in hand

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
those water proof bags that go on the load bars look like an interesting alternative - easier to deal with when not in-use?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
those water proof bags that go on the load bars look like an interesting alternative - easier to deal with when not in-use?

I bought one and they have 2 down sides that I found. 1st they aren't totally water proof as our luggage got wet after a typical Florida afternoon dump. 2nd is no way to secure your items for an overnight hotel stay, so you have to unload it. A bag is more convenient, a box is much more versatile.

RobW

Thought about a hitch box but I can’t find any that will accept hitch bike rack. Plus that will put a lot of strain on my hitch. I just don’t like the bag look. Storing isn’t an issue for me, I’ll hang it in the basement floor joists or in the crawl space. This trip out to Ohio I’ll be using my friends box but would like to have my own for future use. Like for putting camping gear in when I go out to raystown (October ish)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Thought about a hitch box but I can’t find any that will accept hitch bike rack. Plus that will put a lot of strain on my hitch. I just don’t like the bag look. Storing isn’t an issue for me, I’ll hang it in the basement floor joists or in the crawl space. This trip out to Ohio I’ll be using my friends box but would like to have my own for future use. Like for putting camping gear in when I go out to raystown (October ish)
I know a welder

CommandoStyle

Thule evolution 1800. I bought this second hand a few months ago for a road trip. We just got a new car and this box is too big for it. I ordered spare keys so now there are three in total. It works perfectly. I live in Atlantic Highlands. $275

RobW

Thule evolution 1800. I bought this second hand a few months ago for a road trip. We just got a new car and this box is too big for it. I ordered spare keys so now there are three in total. It works perfectly. I live in Atlantic Highlands. $275
Silver or black?

Top Bottom