Roll Call - MCBP 5/2/15

Johnny Utah

Game time. Opening day is fast approaching, stoke is high after a long and cold winter.

So who is going to be there?

When do you think the propaganda posts from MCBP employees start?

Weather depending, I am there, even if there are supposed to be long lines (which always go fast anyway).

Johnny Utah

Big time! It's okay though, updated the bike, and I am ready to go. Thinking of a three day Highland trip the week leading up to July 4th, somethink like a Mon-Wed or Tues - Thurs.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah I need to get planning. Doing kingdom with team in July so thinking of hitting Burke highland and checking the new east Berkshire in Massachusetts With the wife.

J-Dro

Big time! It's okay though, updated the bike, and I am ready to go. Thinking of a three day Highland trip the week leading up to July 4th, somethink like a Mon-Wed or Tues - Thurs.

I'm pretty sure me and a couple of buddies will be at Highland that week too. Probably Wed - Fri.

Johnny Utah

I'm pretty sure me and a couple of buddies will be at Highland that week too. Probably Wed - Fri.

Sweet, I will have to catch up with you before the trip. I may camp, but most likely will get a hotel room as I am a fan of a shower. I haven't been up there for a bit, so unless it rains or some other unforseen issue comes up, I am in.

Tonggi

I'm in for opening day. THen thinking of doing the H2H race that Sunday. Not sure if that will be overkill!

Season pass paid for. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rain or shine I'll be there.

Jeb

Hiyoooo! Pull my leg...

We started work on the 6th of this month. 45ish trails to leaf blow, rake, rock pick, pack and dig drainage for and in 20 work days. The first week was very muddy - huge stockpiles of snow pushed off of the ski trails to make way for the Spartan Race kept everything saturated from the top down. Friday was the first day that we were actually able to get our truck up the front lower hundered feet of the mountain to our shed. Luckily the trails which usually see the most damage stayed in relatively good condition due to drainage improvements last season and lack of annual catastrophic hurricane this season.

The flattest section of mountain (and generally the most work intense due to the lack of drainage for the melting snow and the gross amount of huge landings and takeoffs that need hand sculpting) is finished and looking great. This includes Upper Dominion, upper Breakout, upper Greenhorn, Ego Trip, Deviant... OTB and Triple Drop if you're into that sort of thing :rolleyes:...

Lower Dominion needed some excavator work but is 75% done or so. From there, we will move down Salvation, mid Breakout, and Greenhorn, which are all in fairly good condition. I assume Slayer, Evil Bob, and Sideshow Bob all look completely gnarly and therefore are working as intended and need little work!

Our biggest projects still left to tackle before opening will be Apline, Indy, and Lower Breakout which I imagine will each need a solid day's work or more. I think Domboo and Crap Chute look decent, but will get some love nonetheless. The backside trails - with the exception of Tempest -need a lot less dirt work and should pull together quickly. We have high hopes of revamping and elongating Tempest at our earliest opportunity, so we may try to blast through that and save the heavy remodeling for after the GRT and completion of new lower Greenhorn.

Anyhow, less yapping, more pics. More over at MCBP's Facebook page.

Some Dominion work
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Top Bottom