Rode about 3 miles of Cush yesterday...

M

marsavius

...before I had to turn back before the park was to close. (And I was going to run out of daylight). So almost 6 miles total.

They close at 6pm now? I thought it was 7pm. Maybe there are different hours for Summer vs. Winter.

I'm pleased to see there are others here who feel the trail has some killer climbs. They are actually kind of annoying. But now I have a goal to conquer them too.

Hope to get back out within the next two weeks when I have a few good hours of daylight and do a full loop.

John Baumann

Several of the State Parks adopted "seasonal" hours...it had been 8PM.
It doesn't really matter much to me because it is dark by then and I'm not a night-light rider(YET).

The nice long climbs there are not the most technical part of this trail so you get a good mix. It's about 9 miles all the way out.

The hard part for me is the home stretch coming back, the grass hill followed by the tight switchback climb bypassing the loose rocky fenceline.

I'll be headin' out that way in the next couple weeks too.

creeker_1

I have been riding there quite a bit lately, the hills can be killer, I use them as my guage to see how much better I am getting, at least fitness wise. If you want to ride with someone up here, let mw know when you are coming, I be glad to meet up and have a riding partner out there.

John, hadn't thought of taking the singletrack to the top, usually just walk the loose rocks up, I will have to try that.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions