RockShox Reba RL Dual Air

Ron

I bought a older Dual Air off of ebay several years ago, 80/100mm. Rode it for several years with no issues. On the rebound it had a harder sound this year, like a solid stop at the top of the rebound. But it did have full range of motion. So I decided to have the fork rebuilt. Well I dropped it off and when I got it back it was at the 100mm setting, which is where I wanted it, but it was sitting at 7%. Let air in and out several times and it would just settle there no matter what. The fork did ride fine, did a couple rides on it. So eventually I dropped it off to have it looked at. After taking it apart several times the bike shop called RockShox tech support. Tech support said it would be to costly to actually fix the issue with my older fork, they are saying bad air chambers. The shop did credit me the cost of the rebuild kit, which wife and I used for new helmets for the kids. But now the next issue, when they put it back together I think they added the spacers to make it only 80mm of travel. But it is still sitting at 7% on the 80mm setting. I really do not want to bring it back again and ask 1,000,000 questions on if they installed the spacers or not. I am very mechanical, but have not taken a fork apart. When it was set up 100mm, at 7% rebound, it functioned great. Which I would be happy if it was just set back to there.

I have been looking at new Reba RL forks and carbon forks. I would love to get this one back to the 100mm setting and then find a Niner RDO non-boost in yellow to match the bike, 2015 Niner Sir9.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Rebas are pretty easy to work on. I have an older Reba that I’ve had at 90,100 and 110mm. I wouldn’t be afraid of changing the travel, assuming you have the proper oil etc on hand. The RockShox rebuild guide is helpful to see whats entailed.

onetracker

I bought a older Dual Air off of ebay several years ago, 80/100mm. Rode it for several years with no issues. On the rebound it had a harder sound this year, like a solid stop at the top of the rebound. But it did have full range of motion. So I decided to have the fork rebuilt. Well I dropped it off and when I got it back it was at the 100mm setting, which is where I wanted it, but it was sitting at 7%. Let air in and out several times and it would just settle there no matter what. The fork did ride fine, did a couple rides on it. So eventually I dropped it off to have it looked at. After taking it apart several times the bike shop called RockShox tech support. Tech support said it would be to costly to actually fix the issue with my older fork, they are saying bad air chambers. The shop did credit me the cost of the rebuild kit, which wife and I used for new helmets for the kids. But now the next issue, when they put it back together I think they added the spacers to make it only 80mm of travel. But it is still sitting at 7% on the 80mm setting. I really do not want to bring it back again and ask 1,000,000 questions on if they installed the spacers or not. I am very mechanical, but have not taken a fork apart. When it was set up 100mm, at 7% rebound, it functioned great. Which I would be happy if it was just set back to there.

I have been looking at new Reba RL forks and carbon forks. I would love to get this one back to the 100mm setting and then find a Niner RDO non-boost in yellow to match the bike, 2015 Niner Sir9.
I have a Reba for sale for parts and a bunch of seals, dampers, etc if you need. My sliders are cooked; long story. Let me know if you are interested.

Ron

Well I dropped the fork off to another shop. They are going to take a look into it for me.

jdgang

What year are you talking about I have a 2012 DA Reba that seems to have the same issue that you are talking about. I am starting to believe that the SAG markers are off. I replace the entire air piston and still it sits on 7-8% Sag but the measured travel is about 97mm

Ron

What year are you talking about I have a 2012 DA Reba that seems to have the same issue that you are talking about. I am starting to believe that the SAG markers are off. I replace the entire air piston and still it sits on 7-8% Sag but the measured travel is about 97mm

I bought the fork used, so I do not know year. I will be happy if this shop can get it back to the 7-8% sag at 100mm. Last shop left it at 80mm, but at 7-8% sag. It functions perfect. So if they get it back to the 100mm I will just ride it.

jdgang

If you have Sag Lines printed on your fork it can only be a 2012. It was the first year of the new chassis but the last year of the DA. One of the good things about this year is that you can change out to a RCT3 damper or even the new charger 2

Ron

If you have Sag Lines printed on your fork it can only be a 2012. It was the first year of the new chassis but the last year of the DA. One of the good things about this year is that you can change out to a RCT3 damper or even the new charger 2

It does have sag lines. Thank you for that information. Might be a possible upgrade if possible.

Top Bottom