Rockland preserve worth it?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually, I just googled that and it looks really cool. I thought you were asking about something else. I probably still wouldn't drive two hours for it, but I'll definitely hit it someday when I pass through.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I rode there around 3 years ago. Not sure if it’s changed but I wasn’t very impressed. At least I wouldn’t recommend it as a destination. I drive through CT several times a year but still haven’t found any trails that I would ride a second time.

Rusty

OK, so I happened upon this thread last week whilst looking from somewhere to ride off I-91 on my way home from western mass today. Looked up the place, was ~20 mins off my path, and I liked what I read online so I went to hit it. Worth the trip, a bit more challenging than advertised, tons of trail to ride with rock drops, jumps of all sorts of features to play on (most optional), plenty of elevation change. I had planned to do more, but the place wore me out pretty good. Might be more dangerous if you are not solo, mostly because with friends you are likely to stop and session the dozens of trail features they have there. Also a heck of a nice looking new pump track that looks like its all 6mr clay. I'd go again. Also added the map to Maprika and while it saved me from getting lost, it isn't perfect.... CT is not all bad, I now know of two places that are fun there and not just an impossible overgrown rock fest. The other is Cowles.

today's ride, hit all the "easy" stuff:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1878055837

Top Bottom