Rock Monarch RT3 PSI Settings

Jolly705

I can't find any "suggested" setting for Rock Shox Monarch RT3 High Volume w/ 3-position compression shock. The Sram site only has PSI for forks (that I can find). Does anyone have any guidelines or charts they can share?

Thanks

I can't find any "suggested" setting for Rock Shox Monarch RT3 High Volume w/ 3-position compression shock. The Sram site only has PSI for forks (that I can find). Does anyone have any guidelines or charts they can share?

Thanks

don't have that shock but what do you need to know besides the sag?

The pressure needed would be specific to the suspension design, so it's unlikely that RS would post anything like that. Like alex_k said, just go by the sag recommended by your frame manufacturer.

Initial sag should be used only as a reference to start off with.

Start at 25%, ride the roughest section hard on your favorite trail and check the sag o-ring indicator. The o-ring should be close to using at least 90% of your travel. I leave 10% as reserve for mistakes or unintentional drops.

Thanks for the tip, I am good on the overall setup was just not sure of the starting point with the Monarch. I really like how Fox gives you starting point figures based on your weight. I have a reba rl fork on my 29er and it was much easier to set up Fox forks/ Shocks I have had in the past with there guide.

Thanks again!

I have the 2011 version of the XCT Pro, the XCT3 Carbon with an RT3 as well, I find 185/190 lbs of air gives me 20-25% sag and I am approx. 220lbs. This seems to be good for me since the bikes leverage ratio changes the deeper it gets into the travel,it gets stiffer at the bottom and is more supple early in the stroke. The new Jamis site has some decent info on the XCT650 bikes and the suspension (very similar to ours), see here:
http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/suspension-tech.html
As said above there are many things that come into play, weight, riding style, high vs. low volume air can, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom