Roadie Tips To Stay Alive...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
speaking of staying alive - they catch that guy shooting up venice yet?

Patrick

Staff member
https://www.outsideonline.com/23929...4zx1FMDXBYvl8VBHDitruqhstIQ4ed2NESuQzs9pQZP2k

the car doesn't hit the cyclist(er people who ride bikes), the driver does......
Bias in the reporting. Long, but interesting read.

this goes along with the study that shows drivers don't see cyclists as people...

i do question the roadies that claim they have the right-away, and will blindly stick their hand out, signal, and turn,
without taking a look to see if anyone is coming or making eye contact....yeah, might have the r-o-w, but doesn't matter
after getting hit.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
https://www.outsideonline.com/23929...4zx1FMDXBYvl8VBHDitruqhstIQ4ed2NESuQzs9pQZP2k

the car doesn't hit the cyclist(er people who ride bikes), the driver does......
Bias in the reporting. Long, but interesting read.

this goes along with the study that shows drivers don't see cyclists as people...

i do question the roadies that claim they have the right-away, and will blindly stick their hand out, signal, and turn,
without taking a look to see if anyone is coming or making eye contact....yeah, might have the r-o-w, but doesn't matter
after getting hit.
Something I noticed on my morning commute.... I am starting to see cars in traffic as obstacles to get around... failing to realize that they can pop out at anytime.
The other day.... I have crossed over 3 lanes on 8ave to pass slow moving cars. Yep.... I am going to die soon.

Patrick

Staff member
Something I noticed on my morning commute.... I am starting to see cars in traffic as obstacles to get around... failing to realize that they can pop out at anytime.
The other day.... I have crossed over 3 lanes on 8ave to pass slow moving cars. Yep.... I am going to die soon.

watch when you cross lanes for moto or other cyclists splitting.
the game doesn't have a reset....but it is fun to play.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
watch when you cross lanes for moto or other cyclists splitting.
the game doesn't have a reset....but it is fun to play.
Your typical roadies avoid rush hour traffic and dare I say... during my commute so far, I have not had 1 person pass me yet.... other than if I am stopped at a red and they burn it. Also.... you don't see too many moto's either and delivery dudes on ebikes pretty much stick to the bike lane. Anyways... I need to bring myself down and take more precaution.

Mr. E Man

I had close call the other day.. Lakeland bus was cm from hitting me.. I guess with the wind noise i didnt hear it coming and it brushed me.. it scared the living bejesus outta me.
and i had car filled with teenagers came up and slammed on his horn, didn't scare me but i gave them the bird. Hopefully my days ain't limited if i continue to ride road.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I had close call the other day.. Lakeland bus was cm from hitting me.. I guess with the wind noise i didnt hear it coming and it brushed me.. it scared the living bejesus outta me.
and i had car filled with teenagers came up and slammed on his horn, didn't scare me but i gave them the bird. Hopefully my days ain't limited if i continue to ride road.
Try to find a route and time with the least amount of traffic
Its actually kinda sad... because one of the reasons why I liked road riding was to go to different places for the scene but I find myself limiting on where and when I can ride road.

Mr. E Man

Its actually kinda sad... because one of the reasons why I liked road riding was to go to different places for the scene but I find myself limiting on where and when I can ride road.
YOLO

Mr. E Man

I been thinking about riding when I get up at 4am for work. no one is on the road at that time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had the right of way will look great on a tomb stone.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.18.51 PM.png

Ian F

I been thinking about riding when I get up at 4am for work. no one is on the road at that time.

That is often the time I would get an hour in for the 31 Days of July Challenge. I found it better to ride during the pre-dawn hours than at night. Really is nice to have the road pretty much all to yourself. Plus, it was sometimes a nice way to avoid the really hot days.

Top Bottom