Roadie Tips To Stay Alive...

rick81721

Lothar
Had another encounter with a white pickup truck yesterday - rocktown road from 31. Unpaved section and I pass this clown ready to pull out of a driveway. He comes out behind me, there are huge potholes on my right so I have to take the center of the road and he starts laying on the horn. I give him several fingers, he pulls around and tries to cut me off at the Y with Mountain Rd. What a douche.

qclabrat

Had another encounter with a white pickup truck yesterday - rocktown road from 31. Unpaved section and I pass this clown ready to pull out of a driveway. He comes out behind me, there are huge potholes on my right so I have to take the center of the road and he starts laying on the horn. I give him several fingers, he pulls around and tries to cut me off at the Y with Mountain Rd. What a douche.
how would you compare ride in NJ vs FL? dem big white Caddys can be dangerous

Ironjunk

I had a pickup with those dual smoke stacks hit blip the throttle going up a hill next to me. Shitty way to flex if it involves ill will against another person.

szymon

Riding on the road has become so much more dangerous lately, even 5-6 years ago I would rarely get buzzed (1-2 times a month maybe) now it's almost normal everyday. Since last year I don't ride on the road without front and rear cameras, at least if something happens it will be on file.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
journalists do not know how to make statements and really makes the public question their ability for empathy. it should read " no charges have been made yet"

that would be better, but the best would be 'the exact charges have not been determined yet' :D

rick81721

Lothar
No news on the cyclists yet other than still in critical condition. The driver was 92, and according to some reports, blind in one eye. The cyclists changed lanes to turn left and the lady plowed into them from behind.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So we just got a new car and it has lane assist. I noticed that when passing cyclists, the car wants to move you back to the center of the lane because it doesn’t “see” cyclists when I go to give riders space. Wondering if anyone has noticed this if they have a newer car, and I also wonder if anyone who rides when cars are actually out on the road if they have noticed being buzzed by cars more.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So we just got a new car and it has lane assist. I noticed that when passing cyclists, the car wants to move you back to the center of the lane because it doesn’t “see” cyclists when I go to give riders space. Wondering if anyone has noticed this if they have a newer car, and I also wonder if anyone who rides when cars are actually out on the road if they have noticed being buzzed by cars more.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/03/19/self-driving-uber-car-hits-kills-cyclist-crossed-road-7400145/

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I get buzzed every time I'm on the bike. Any time of day, regardless of road. I've been commuting by bike for over 20 years and the roads are worse than ever, even compared to last year. It's now common knowledge that hitting or killing a cyclist or pedestrian will result in zero consequences. Just read any comment thread for any cyclist related news story, it will turn your stomach.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
A coworker had a similar experience and had made a note to only use lane assist in the highway.

Eventually, we will have a sensor/sensors on our bike or clothing to let these cars know we are there.

Top Bottom