roadie brand new to mountain biking.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome @jliebs. :)

The white trail at CR is short but it's a lot closer to 6mile than the other CR trails IMHO. Hey, you're in town anyway...So why not spend a couple minutes on the rigid at white before heading to 6mile.

jliebs

i
AKA Middlebrook trail, not the one by the lake, but up top there's some decent trails
should be fine with your full rigid

Red okay too, just walk your bike over the rock outcroppings at the beginning from Newmans
was looking at the map and isn't the "white trail" the one that goes along the pond on the flat side?

qclabrat

i

was looking at the map and isn't the "white trail" the one that goes along the pond on the flat side?
yes, but there is a small network of trails above it
it's small enough you won't get lost, so just explore

qclabrat

I'm around on Saturday morning, PM if you want a quick tour.
Earlier the better, I'm not a fast rider, so have to put up with my pace

Chris lizardo

Also check this trail, it's nothing like six mile run which is more challenging

The 70-mile Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park is one of central New Jersey's
hiker.jpg
most popular recreational corridors for canoeing, jogging, hiking, bicycling, fishing and horseback riding. The canal and the park are part of the National Recreation Trail System. This linear park is also a valuable wildlife corridor connecting fields and forests. A recent bird survey conducted in the park revealed 160 species of birds, almost 90 of which nested in the path

rick81721

Lothar
Also check this trail, it's nothing like six mile run which is more challenging

The 70-mile Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park is one of central New Jersey's
hiker.jpg
most popular recreational corridors for canoeing, jogging, hiking, bicycling, fishing and horseback riding. The canal and the park are part of the National Recreation Trail System. This linear park is also a valuable wildlife corridor connecting fields and forests. A recent bird survey conducted in the park revealed 160 species of birds, almost 90 of which nested in the path

More like riding on a dirt road than a trail. You can ride a road bike on it

jliebs

I'm around on Saturday morning, PM if you want a quick tour.
Earlier the better, I'm not a fast rider, so have to put up with my pace
I skipped Saturday am due to rain..i did get to six mile this morning wow that was fun! need to get some skills though but we really enjoyed it. had borrowed a great ride from my LBS too.

jliebs

Where do you live? I can meet you there one day and we can take it easy. I am in Warren about 4-5 miles away from CR.

got out to 6mile this am for first ever mtb ride . wow , fun ! 6 miles felt like 20 road miles haha

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
got out to 6mile this am for first ever mtb ride . wow , fun ! 6 miles felt like 20 road miles haha
Glad you had a good time!

Keep at it! When you get comfortable there, branch out and try some other parks. Six Mile was my gateway into mountain biking. Don't ride when wet!

jliebs

I think the full out and back loop is close to 14 miles. How were conditions?
also we turned around where the red trail crosses whatever street that is cause we didn't really know where this was going. Turned out just fine as I was
just about done when we hit the lot .haha. Much more upper body use than when I road bike, or that might have been me gripping to tight.

jliebs

also had a borrowed hard tail carbon, 29's fox shocks , was really nice ride $$$$ . Now I need to start thinking about a ride.

qclabrat

also we turned around where the red trail crosses whatever street that is cause we didn't really know where this was going. Turned out just fine as I was
just about done when we hit the lot .haha. Much more upper body use than when I road bike, or that might have been me gripping to tight.
def try to make the mtbnj group ride, they will show you all the secret spots.

rlb

You should also check out http://jorba.org/ Its a fine organization that does a lot of (ie all of) MTB advocacy work in NJ. JORBA also coordinates the local chapters who help maintain the parks with volunteers. Consider joining and donating if you can spare a few bucks!

jliebs

hey guys, so I was curious. As I said did first ever ride at 6 mile , did red trail. Is the blue much different?

Top Bottom