Road Bike Parts

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
OK, I'm trying to get the old (new) @fidodie Motobecane on the road for a minimal cost to help a co-worker get off his MTB for doing Tri's :dead:. Maybe YOU can help! And in the process you can clear out that old road junk that you don't use anymore, because who rides road anymore anyway when you can get run over or coal-rolled? Besides you can Zwift inside anyway.

Things I definitely need:

Road threaded bottom bracket 68mm for Hollowtech II type cranks (hoping to get from @Mountain Bike Mike if Short Track ever happens. :))

Things I would buy if the part/price is right:

10-11 Speed Shifters
10 or 11 speed rear derailer
Clip-on Aero/Tri bars

Black is preferred color but let me know what you have and how much you want.

Thanks.
P.S. I ride Zwift :banana:

Last edited:

mtbiker87

I have a set of tri bars for sale in the bits and pieces thread. Missing the middle aero bits but rest is there. Best offer....meaning cheap.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
hmm, but the brakes are connected to the brifters....
if you did the aero bars, which look like they have brake handles, then i might cut the brakes off my "stationary bike"
still need the center bars and bar end shifters for that setup tho.

there must be an amazonian solution that is cheap....

szymon

I will be changing my winter bike to shimano in the next week or so and I'll have 10spd sram red f & r derailleurs and new style ergo shifters up for sale. The shifters have only been used since December and the derailleurs about a year, all in really good shape I was going to ask 300 for all if your interested.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
hmm, but the brakes are connected to the brifters....
if you did the aero bars, which look like they have brake handles, then i might cut the brakes off my "stationary bike"
still need the center bars and bar end shifters for that setup tho.

there must be an amazonian solution that is cheap....
I don't want to go full tri here. He is a beginner so just clip on is ok. I'd rather have something he could ride normally first.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I will be changing my winter bike to shimano in the next week or so and I'll have 10spd sram red f & r derailleurs and new style ergo shifters up for sale. The shifters have only been used since December and the derailleurs about a year, all in really good shape I was going to ask 300 for all if your interested.
If this was for me that would be great, however $300 is over the whole budget for the bike. ? Sounds like a great deal for someone on here.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I also need a Top Pull road or CX double front derailleur if anyone has one, thanks!

P.S. Got brakes so don't need those anymore.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I also need a Top Pull road or CX double front derailleur if anyone has one, thanks!

P.S. Got brakes so don't need those anymore.
Is top pull the 'regular" style or is that bottom / cable comes from the BB?

What else is left on your list?

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Is top pull the 'regular" style or is that bottom / cable comes from the BB?

What else is left on your list?
Since the frame was designed for Di2, there is no cable routing under the BB. I had to run the cable under the top tube and down the seat tube, so need a true top pull like for CX (Shimano FD-CX70?). This is all that's I really need, but I think I'll grab the mini group from @Santapez to make all matching.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Bump. Still need a Top Pull FD if anyone has something.

Can trade an Apex FD or cassette if needed. :D

Thanks

Top Bottom