Ringwood State Park early AM question

rojasj

I have not been to Ringwood State Park in years but now that the weather is better and I'm back on my mtb bike I plan on riding there tomorrow. Due to family commitments and obligations I have to be on the trails by 6:30 AM or 7:00 AM at the latest. I used to park in parking lot C at the bottom part of the Botanical Gardens, however I can't recall if there is a gate at the entrance that is closed before 8 AM or not. Does any know if I get there by 6:30 AM can I just drive past the usual entrance or is it closed off until 8:00 AM?

roc

The back entrance to lot c is usually closed until 8. You could always park at that school right on valley road. Lot c is 5-10mins from the school on a bike.

oobaa47

I may be wrong but between memorial day and labor day, doesn't it cost a few sheckles to park at lot C or Shepard's lake? If not, then I gave a few bucks to some kid hanging out in one of those booth's last year.....

BabyRobot

I parked at Shepard yesterday, around noon. No fee collection in sight. The school is always guaranteed free though, and im my opinion, closer to the better trail in the park.

Mr.Moto

Between Memorial day and Labor day there is a fee on the weekends to enter. I believe more at Shepard's Lake because of amenities there. Parking at the school avoids the weekend fees during the summer.

rojasj

Well, I didn't make it to Ringwood this morning. But I did make it Ramapo right off Skyline Drive. Nice ride with some good climbs but... Accuweather was way off and boy, I should have bought a bar of soap with me because it rained so much I could have taken a mid-ride shower. Next weekend I'll do an early AM ride at Ringwood.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions