Ringwood State Park Conditions

Was out today on the fatbike..most fireroads are rideable but any warmer and not happening...road lower skylands and schoolhouse and their is still too much snow. School was rideable but only on a fatbike will u have any luck. Its gonna be another week at least before u can ride in there

Would anyone know the current conditions at RW and if any of the park would be ridable on Sunday (3/29) sans fat bike? I'm guessing it's a mess given the thaw and rain, but still holding out for good news.

I would prefer waiting a week or weeks or whatever it takes to prevent damage to the singletrack.

I rode Ringwood yesterday morning when it was below freezing on a Fatbike. It was quite ride-able. There are bare patches in some spots and then there are other areas with several inches of snow still to melt...depending on exposure. This goes for fire-roads and single-track.

The conditions over the next several days will likely change dramatically from what I experienced yesterday though. It is warming and raining. So, all that snow will be melting and creating mud.

I think you'd be messing up the single-track if you rode it, but there are plenty of fire-roads you could ride.

Here's a few pics of the mix of conditions from yesterday.
DSCN4332.JPG
DSCN4336.JPG
DSCN4337.JPG

I was out on the singletrack on the fatbike on Monday and it was about 95% snow covered, and deep. It's going to be super warm and wet before this weekend now, which may make the trails really really soft. I'd be careful.

Yeah, it looks like it will be a road ride this weekend - thanks for all the updates. Will just have to wait longer for the mountain to open up and dry out.

I went hiking in Ringwood behind Ryerson yesterday. My estimate is we are still about 2 weeks away from ride-able trails, without damaging them. I will try to post updates when we get out in the woods.

Ended up surveying the fire roads at RW yesterday - they are still/now/have been quite icy with the thaw, re-freeze cycle.

Not sure of the single track condition as I did not attempt any of that, but I did see people riding the Red trail at the Defiance Road/White/Warm Puppy intersection. I did not get a chance to talk to them about the conditions.

Image is from the intersection of Midwood and Boulder

Attachments

• IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 287
Hiked the red behind Ryerson to the blue yo yellow to Bear Swamp lookout down white. I believe the trails are ready for riding without damage. Now if we can get the motorcycles and quads to get lost....

No snow left, except very few very small patches at the highest elevations, off trail. But we saw none on any trails or fire roads. Also surprised we came across no standing water or muddy conditions.

Awesome news, and thanks for the report

No snow left, except very few very small patches at the highest elevations, off trail. But we saw none on any trails or fire roads. Also surprised we came across no standing water or muddy conditions.

Thanks for the report trails were just about perfect !!!

I was at Rwood today. Not closed, controlled burn in a small section which did not seem to impact any of the trails. Conditions are perfect!

Park was open later in the day and quite packed, I drove right through the main gate and parked by the lake. A couple of signs were posted by Lot C. You should have parked by the school.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions