Ringwood State Park Conditions

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
seeing as the cat1 course crosses it i imagine it should be fixed in the next 2 weeks (i hope? am i a fool?)

TPI_Elky

Any expectations for the trails today? Friday was rain, but yesterday was sunny and windy. Gonna be in the area for daughters soccer game and was going to get on the trails for an hour or so.

roc

Any expectations for the trails today? Friday was rain, but yesterday was sunny and windy. Gonna be in the area for daughters soccer game and was going to get on the trails for an hour or so.
Go get some. You may hit a few wet spots, but it will be great. Ringwood is bulletproof.

Cannonbill

Wish I saw this earlier, what time is your game. My daughter plays at 4 Stonetown, I rode earlier.. trails are prime!

TPI_Elky

Wish I saw this earlier, what time is your game. My daughter plays at 4 Stonetown, I rode earlier.. trails are prime!

Yeah, that’s where mine was playing. Same time. They must have played each other.

Trails were definitely good. Lotsa fun. More rocks than I’m used to, but good to ride.

Mr.Moto

how do you think it's looking for Saturday?

Ringwood tends to drain well. Even though there was plenty of rain the last few days, a full day of drying out should provide mostly decent conditions on the higher trails. Skylands will likely be best since it is high and well armored. Upper white will likely be okay.

stilluf

I know a ton of people rode here over the weekend for NJ MTB Fest, but here's my trail report (for the record). Overall, trails are in great condition, though newer trails were very dry and getting dusty (especially when ridden by 20+ riders in a row ;)) . Big thanks to the JORBA crews that designed and built the white and crossover trails; these were really fun to ride and your hard work stood out!

serviceguy

Some light rainfall in the evening, should greatly benefit the dry trail. Riding the new connector back home was a rather dusty mess. Still great, thanks again @pixychick , Art and James!

Kaleidopete

With the snow past sunday, how are things looking for tomorrow morning?

Thanks in advance.
Two peeps rode today and said it was good, not many riders have been there though, first tracks were made by Steve.

one guy's ride today
Capture5.JPG

onetracker

Would be interesting to see a photo of the actual trail. Things have been melting down this way and there was more rain and sleet during the storm in Ringwood. Also, before the storm there was already some freeze thaw going on. Maybe things would be OK very early in the AM but based on my observations I would still say trail conditions are poor IMO.

Mr.Moto

Lower fire roads can be icy, bare to wet. Worn down from 4x4s. As you get higher up it got better. Much better. Only a couple of riders before me on upper white. Few inches of mostly soft snow. Dare I say magic? Go get some tomorrow before it warms up.
DEB3698E-9EC8-4C6E-B31A-7317448F91BA.jpeg
A36D4707-A86F-4682-A00D-5209AE2EF20F.jpeg

Dirt Dawg

Rode lower crossover from Long Meadow Road to Lot A. The only soft ground was where you cross the power lines right next to the road, the rest was frozen and great traction. Tomorrow is supposed to warmer which may not be good for the trails.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions