Ringwood State Park Conditions

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Worst case scenario you can head there and do fire road only.

You might think so, but without studded tires you'd probably be wrong. I haven't been recently, so that's just a guess. I had the same thought about Wildcat this morning.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You might think so, but without studded tires you'd probably be wrong. I haven't been recently, so that's just a guess. I had the same thought about Wildcat this morning.

think wildcat will be rideable by monday morning? looking to start around 10 :/

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe. It's gonna be an ice luge tomorrow morning though.

my buddy hasnt been there yet, so i dont want to take him up and ruin the place for him (bad first experience kinda thing) so if its gonna be too sketchy ill find someplace else (or try to)

Hakimaki

Was hoping to hit up some fireroads today, but it's all a sheet of ice. Any visible trails off the road were also a sheet of ice. Bring your ice skates!

roc

Anybody hit any of the singletrack lately near lot c? Everything just ice, or is there some spots worth riding? Got an unexpected afternoon off.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anybody hit any of the singletrack lately near lot c? Everything just ice, or is there some spots worth riding? Got an unexpected afternoon off.

Based on this report from yesterday,
I would not be optimistic
Was hoping to hit up some fireroads today, but it's all a sheet of ice. Any visible trails off the road were also a sheet of ice. Bring your ice skates!

SSmtbr

Went out snowshoeing up to Ilgenstein rock from the school lot on Monday so report is a few days old but there was safely 6-8” of snow with deeprt drift spots throughout in the more open areas.

By late afternoon snowmobiles got into the fire roads and packed it down but trails were still fully covered. You may luck out and get really firm snowpack from the melt on Monday afternoon and deep freeze we’ve had this week but wouldn’t go there anticipating much. Look out for the postholes on the well traveled areas!

Cannonbill

Rode from ryerson over red to skylands, past pipeline to Sheppard’s pond and then over to the NY border. Was muddy at the entrance by Ryerson. Red to Skylands, to pipeline to Sheppard’s and out to NY, all in very good shape when the ground is cold.

Attachments

• CD02D238-6086-46B2-A0F5-8BE5F4AF5332.jpeg
    CD02D238-6086-46B2-A0F5-8BE5F4AF5332.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 182
  • BC3CF25E-0F1D-41B5-8132-D352227FCF5C.jpeg
    BC3CF25E-0F1D-41B5-8132-D352227FCF5C.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 242
  • E1662DB6-2E4B-4EB0-AA23-6EB7354A4B06.jpeg
    E1662DB6-2E4B-4EB0-AA23-6EB7354A4B06.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 56485643-FE48-4CD6-A520-08A6E98B64EF.jpeg
    56485643-FE48-4CD6-A520-08A6E98B64EF.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

roc

Rode ringwood on Friday. Conditions were mint. Be careful on cats nest (renegade). Big trees own on the long fast downhill.

oobaa47

I was out there Saturday morning, conditions were fine. The Skylands Trail was perfect. The White Trail had a few soft spots however. On that short climb at the end of white heading up to warm puppy, there's a large tree down..... I think it just drizzled sporadically on Sunday, so I don't think it should be an issue.......

Cannonbill

Ringwood at large is real nice. The white crossover from warm puppy to weble pond still has some very wet/muddy/sloppy sections. I would steer clear of white from warm puppy to weble, all else is good to go.

Rode it today, whole place is ready to go.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
conditions were absolutely horrible

IMG_3238.JPG

in this one spot. so don't use it to judge the rest of the park, which was nice and dry, even
while it was sleeting. light rain started around noon.

Bridge on the cat 1 route (maybe mile 8ish?) is not race ready...one side has collapsed.

Mr.Moto

conditions were absolutely horrible

View attachment 92248

in this one spot. so don't use it to judge the rest of the park, which was nice and dry, even
while it was sleeting. light rain started around noon.

Bridge on the cat 1 route (maybe mile 8ish?) is not race ready...one side has collapsed.

That's probably the small bridge just before Cat's Nest. It's been like that for at least a year now.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions