Ringwood State Park Conditions

V-Dub

Posted this in the H2H thread but thought Id put it here as well...

"Regarding Ringwood... the race route has quite a bit of trees down. What is the etiquette for clearing them? Im talking ones that obviously aren't built into features. Leave it to the race organizers? Or can I do a little trimming and removing on a ride? Thought I'd ask before doing something uncouth."
In general trail maintenance/ clearing goes to JORBA or the promoter, we'll be out there is weekend to clear it up

Cannonbill

How's the race course looking? Hopefully drying up better than last year? Ringwood would be a great late season race.
Race course wasn’t marked off yet, so hard to say exactly. If they use the traditional routes for beginner, intermediate etc, I would think the beginner course may have some slop. Longer courses staying off white should be very nice. There are a lot of trees that will need to be cleaned up.

Cannonbill

Town cycle posted the route maps in the race forum, posting here for reference.

All of the routes are currently rideable as marked. There may be a few trees down, but trail conditions are fine on the defined course.

OK, here are our rough (emphasis on rough) course maps for Ringwood Rumble. It's the purple route on both maps. Both courses run clockwise. Usual disclaimers - objects are closer than they appear in mirror, etc. Course subject to change due to weather, dragons, etc. Yes, there is still one tree down across the course - we'll get there, we'll get there. Pay attention to this part. It's a long course, so we've changed things up a bit - the "long" race (Cat 1, Pro) will do 2 laps, Cat 2's (medium) will do one lap, and the Cat 3 (short) course will do 2 laps of the shortened course. We'll have something Strava-ish up tomorrow night. We'll probably be out there on Wednesday after work doing some final course clean up (tossing branches off the trail, cutting face slappers, chasing out the zombies, etc.) We'll start throwing arrows out there on Friday afternoon, finish and tape on Saturday morning.

Cat 3 course - https://goo.gl/Ry682G
Cat 1/2 course - https://goo.gl/6rWvhT

Cannonbill

The cat 1,2 look great, the cat 3 is a lot of fire road riding.
Race your race and then take the time to ride more broadly. Cat 3 is purely a XC course, all open space with passing opportunity. Ringwood is huge, so much singletrack to explore. Beat yourself up in the race, then go out and explore for some fun.

mustclime

Race your race and then take the time to ride more broadly. Cat 3 is purely a XC course, all open space with passing opportunity. Ringwood is huge, so much singletrack to explore. Beat yourself up in the race, then go out and explore for some fun.
I have done all the fireroads on a cross bike, probably a better tool for the cat 3 loop. Bring your cross bike and call it a 29er.:p

Cannonbill

I have done all the fireroads on a cross bike, probably a better tool for the cat 3 loop. Bring your cross bike and call it a 29er.:p
I would agree, the cross bike would not be overmatched at all. Even most (60-70 percent) of the cat 1/2 could be done on a cross bike. The only section it is questionable for a cross bike is the skylands Trail part.

oobaa47

Can anyone advise of the white trail's condition? I have time tomorrow morning to squeeze in a ride and am just trying to figure a route out....thx!

Mr.Moto

Can anyone advise of the white trail's condition? I have time tomorrow morning to squeeze in a ride and am just trying to figure a route out....thx!

I rode the new white about two weekends ago and it was roughly 90% good. It's been relatively dry this week, so I would think that you would be good to go. Maybe someone that has ridden it more recently can chime in.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions