Ringwood State Park Conditions

Mr.Moto

Anyone ride Ringwood in the past 24hrs? Conditions?

Yesterday it was mash potato snow in some spots. Soft and muddy in others. With the melt down it will likely just get worse. It looks like someone put large sticks across the entrance to the white trail right by Poison Ivy to keep people off that trail. I didn't ride Skylands, so I don't know what that trail is like.

THATmanMANNY

report?

I'm actually off today and this is very last minute and considering going. I guess I can't park at ryerson during school hrs?

I've never been to any other lot. Where to go? I haven't been here for a couple years

Mr.Moto

School is in session, so head to Lot C in the park. You can always launch from Shepard's Lake too.

No real help regarding conditions late this week. Typically Skylands / Warm puppy would be the best bet since it sits high and is well armored. If you have not been in a couple of year, the new White trail is always fun, but could be soft or muddy, so need someone's feedback on that one.

Rode at High Mountain yesterday evening and it was about 90% good on the trails we were on. Not sure if that is any indication of how Ringwood will be doe.

serviceguy

Moving to Ringwood, Cupsaw Avenue. Since we were there moving some stuff we drove to Ryerson but could not locate the access to the trails. Also, it says no parking at any time...what's up with that? I wouldn't need to park as I am literally 30 seconds away, just wondering.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Moving to Ringwood, Cupsaw Avenue. Since we were there moving some stuff we drove to Ryerson but could not locate the access to the trails. Also, it says no parking at any time...what's up with that? I wouldn't need to park as I am literally 30 seconds away, just wondering.

A. That's awesome!
B. You go up the hill into the school parking lot, and the trail access is right around the fence to your right.
C. Parking in a parking space in a parking lot is probably ok. Where are the no parking signs?

Mr.Moto

Welcome to the 'hood. What @JimN said. I was there this morning. Plenty of cars there, but some of them were there for activities in the school. Weekends there are plenty of riders launching from Ryerson.

serviceguy

My house is just downhill from the road going up to the school (Wanaque Terrace), once I entered the access road to the parking lot there was a no parking at any time on the right. I must have missed the trail access (probably because I was thinking about the no parking sign...).

I'll check it out next time.

Robson

Ringwood is not doable. I didn't even see any signs of fat bikes. I managed to ride some fire roads. Other than that it will be at least 2-3 weeks before we can try to ride.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Rode out of the C lot today - Conditions were frozen or dry. Couple of softer areas where the sun was hitting the trails in the lower areas.

couple of trail glaciers - not horrible, easily walked or ridden around.

Good stuff - cool and dry next couple of days - get it.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode early this morning and it was frozen solid. Lower elevations had frozen dirt and a few spots of nasty ice, especially on the fireroads. Higher elevations still had a nice grippy inch of snowcover. Was pretty great overall, just had to be on your toes when an ice patch popped up. Of course this will all change today now that it's raining/snowing. Will probably get icier and then real sloppy when it warms up.
27337294_10209635301594414_3392018182580905348_n.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Rode early this morning and it was frozen solid. Lower elevations had frozen dirt and a few spots of nasty ice, especially on the fireroads. Higher elevations still had a nice grippy inch of snowcover. Was pretty great overall, just had to be on your toes when an ice patch popped up. Of course this will all change today now that it's raining/snowing. Will probably get icier and then real sloppy when it warms up.
27337294_10209635301594414_3392018182580905348_n.jpg
Yeh. Was better up on the ridge yesterday.
IMG_1761.JPG

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions