Ringwood Rumble

drkmtb

Not if I wanted to race xc doh
Dave, even though it was a little less time, it was still pretty tough...Iggy, your thoughts? Also, Nick is at the other end of the spectrum for most of us. Hope your Dad is doing better and I have already planned some added real-estate/terrain for next year's loop. Should be just right, even if it is dry.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Iggy, your thoughts
I was happy with the length of race. People generally don't complain about a race being too short but they will say something if they think it's too long...and then there is Dave Taylor;)

It's tough to put in a 1.5ish hr loop at Ringwood given the layout, you either have too much fire road or kill folks on warm puppy. You'd have to build new trails that aren't too tech to make 85%single track that won't kill people.

I was happy to go down white this year and even though it was wet Skylands to Racecourse is always awesome.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Dave, even though it was a little less time, it was still pretty tough...Iggy, your thoughts? Also, Nick is at the other end of the spectrum for most of us. Hope your Dad is doing better and I have already planned some added real-estate/terrain for next year's loop. Should be just right, even if it is dry.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to come off as complaining. I still would have raced it but most likely doubled up or endurance. Not a fan of how xc time is going more towards cx time. Also, because people get all bent out of shape if someone doesn’t like something they created I will start with courses I did like. Chainstretcher 2017, Iron Furnace, Point Peter 2017, Spring Cleaning, Mooch(all of them). XC is an endurance sport, not a sprint sport or atleast that’s what I am reading. I remember seeing the pro races at like 2:20-2:30. But to each there own. I’ll still race them. I love mooch but I’m trying fair hill this weekend.I have never done that one.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
love mooch but I’m trying fair hill this weekend.I have never done that one.
XC is an endurance sport, not a sprint sport or at least that’s what I am reading.
DT, Fairhills is a fast XC course with no rocks. Just a fast sprint with some hills in between. Don't get me wrong, I love Fairhills but you are contradicting yourself,Again..... Race Mooch with the men..

JDurk

Very few rocks on the course at Fair Hill and like last year, it runs in reverse of what many of you remember. I think the longest climb is the dirt road to the iron bridge over Appleton Rd that is now the end of the lap instead of a descent at the beginning.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very few rocks on the course at Fair Hill and like last year, it runs in reverse of what many of you remember. I think the longest climb is the dirt road to the iron bridge over Appleton Rd that is now the end of the lap instead of a descent at the beginning.

I'm so old I remember that direction as being the "normal" way.

Captain Brainstorm

I was happy with the length of race. People generally don't complain about a race being too short but they will say something if they think it's too long...and then there is Dave Taylor;)

It's tough to put in a 1.5ish hr loop at Ringwood given the layout, you either have too much fire road or kill folks on warm puppy. You'd have to build new trails that aren't too tech to make 85%single track that won't kill people.

I was happy to go down white this year and even though it was wet Skylands to Racecourse is always awesome.

A Ringwood Enduro race. There are 3 "stages" I can name off the top of my head that would work, with a 4th maybe. That way you can race all the tech with no one dying. Or not too many people dying anyway.

Captain Brainstorm

A Ringwood Enduro race. There are 3 "stages" I can name off the top of my head that would work, with a 4th maybe. That way you can race all the tech with no one dying. Or not too many people dying anyway.

Is there any type of permission I need from the park? If not, I can make it invite only (or word of mouth) to keep it from becoming too much of a shit show. The stages will be adequately brutal, and entry the fee will be several of your favorite distilled or brewed beverages and/or combustibles (or edibles), to be consumed post event, with overage going to the winner. "Grass" roots racing in its lowest form.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there any type of permission I need from the park? If not, I can make it invite only (or word of mouth) to keep it from becoming too much of a shit show. The stages will be adequately brutal, and entry the fee will be several of your favorite distilled or brewed beverages and/or combustibles (or edibles), to be consumed post event, with overage going to the winner. "Grass" roots racing in its lowest form.

You're either joking or really naive. ?

roc

I’m no racer. but with that type of motivation, I’d be a lot faster than normal.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I'm semi-serious. Think of it as a big group-ride, but timed. On the topic of timing, I haven't worked that part out. That required equipment and logistics. I'd say we can use GPS, but I know you all have very strong feelings on GPS. Very strong.
In my unbiased opinion, the white trail at Ringwood is the best in the state. OK, maybe I’m a little biased. The problem would be getting permission to close certain trails down for a race. I can’t blast down on the weekends as I have to stop every 30 seconds for a hiker or other bike riders that are going up. Obviously I want to be courteous for various reasons. The only time I get to really get to go full on is during a week day when the mountain is less busy. Unfortunately no solution proposed at this time, but love the idea. Would be a dream of mine if it happens.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
In my unbiased opinion, the white trail at Ringwood is the best in the state. OK, maybe I’m a little biased. The problem would be getting permission to close certain trails down for a race. I can’t blast down on the weekends as I have to stop every 30 seconds for a hiker or other bike riders that are going up. Obviously I want to be courteous for various reasons. The only time I get to really get to go full on is during a week day when the mountain is less busy. Unfortunately no solution proposed at this time, but love the idea. Would be a dream of mine if it happens.
But white is so good goin up! ?‍♂️

Captain Brainstorm

If you want to avoid the crowds on the weekend, ride it after 3-4pm. Alternatively, the red trail coming in from direction Skyline gets a lot less traffic and is longer, but not as fast.

Top Bottom