Ringwood rumble status?

Robson

Unfortunately not in the area this weekend to race, but RW is my home park and run 32/20 on my 29er. From the strava link it looks like a good half of the lap is fireroad so might be a bit spinny but the race course climb up from whites road is fairly technical and a tough climb especially with race traffic.

Disclaimer: I'm a last place cat 2 ss racer that has no idea how to race ss
The only technical climb is switchback going up to Skyland.

Team Town Cycle

Also, if you are headed out to pre-ride today, remember it is also opening day for trout fishing. Please don't park in boat house lot, and be considerate of those fishing from the shore - they've been waiting for spring too!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was this recorded with a Garmin or just the Strava app?
Just the app alone does not handle the ups & downs well. It under estimates distance and climbs. At least that's my experience, backed up by seconds of research.

I don't know. Not my Strava. But there were like 15 people on the ride so if you look at a few you'll get a good idea

Team Town Cycle

OK, we're ready to go! There's been a lot of chatter about lap mileage etc. Please know we heard you, but with the conditions on trails like the White Trail (see attached pic taken this morning), we just couldn't bring ourselves to run a race on some of these more sensitive areas. We tried to set the course based on the H2H suggested running time, not mileage - 60-80 minutes for Cat. 2, 90-110 for Cat 1., etc. Some of you will love it! Some of you will not. We worked with the hand Mother Nature dealt us as best we could - early season races are a bit of a crap shoot, right? Thanks to everyone who has been supportive of racing's return to Ringwood - we'll be there bright and early tomorrow ready to ride!
Resized_IMG_20170408_174354_294.jpg

Sven Migot

OK, we're ready to go! There's been a lot of chatter about lap mileage etc. Please know we heard you, but with the conditions on trails like the White Trail (see attached pic taken this morning), we just couldn't bring ourselves to run a race on some of these more sensitive areas. We tried to set the course based on the H2H suggested running time, not mileage - 60-80 minutes for Cat. 2, 90-110 for Cat 1., etc. Some of you will love it! Some of you will not. We worked with the hand Mother Nature dealt us as best we could - early season races are a bit of a crap shoot, right? Thanks to everyone who has been supportive of racing's return to Ringwood - we'll be there bright and early tomorrow ready to ride!
View attachment 50437

What's the suggested suffering time...I mean running time for cat 3?

Chillydog

Ok first timer and I pre rode today. I feel like crap. It felt like a lot more up then down. Hearing parents voices "I walked to and from school 5 miles uphill each way!" Ugh third time riding on the bike for the season and lap time of 60 mintues with stopping auto pause was 51 mintues. I noticed I did a lot of hiking. Ok I'm AMPED! For this race tomorrow thinking I won't sleep. Ok question Cat3 do I have to reg at 7:30am or is it 30 minutes before my race starts? Want to get there and watch CAT 1-2 but I can't get there before 930. Thanks guys I just finished washing the Mud off and can't wait to see everyone tomorrow.

Mr.Moto

View attachment 50437

Not racing tomorrow, but just want to say nice job setting up this course. I had ridden some of the trails earlier this week and this is a really good course based on the conditions. Trying to add any of the other trails like poison ivy or lower white would not be prudent with the rain and snow melt we had recently.

Good luck to all and have fun.

Top Bottom