Ringwood rumble status?

Chillydog

Ok I want to enter into this race. But I'm not sure what Cat. I am thinking beginner because I've never raced before and I haven't been back on the bike since October. I believe that I'm an average rider. And I've been riding at Ringwood before and know what I'm getting into. So question is, is the Beginner 40-49 to easy and I should up it to cat 2. Not knowing what I'm getting myself into with miles of riding. Think in my head it's 2 or can I pull off the 3 Laps. Any input would be awesome. I don't want to make excuses to not do this race. And I want to look at it as having a great time on the trails with an extra push

Reactions: jpn

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok I want to enter into this race. But I'm not sure what Cat. I am thinking beginner because I've never raced before and I haven't been back on the bike since October. I believe that I'm an average rider. And I've been riding at Ringwood before and know what I'm getting into. So question is, is the Beginner 40-49 to easy and I should up it to cat 2. Not knowing what I'm getting myself into with miles of riding. Think in my head it's 2 or can I pull off the 3 Laps. Any input would be awesome. I don't want to make excuses to not do this race. And I want to look at it as having a great time on the trails with an extra push

Get you feet wet and start with cat 3. If you enjoy it & do well, there are plenty of more races to cat up.

Team Town Cycle

Hi all -

We're pumped to bring racing back to Ringwood! We know everyone wants to know what the course is - we've even been offered bribes! We have the basic route worked out, but we definitely need to iron a few kinks out. Mother Nature is not helping us out here - between the earlier snow dump, we couldn't get in there, and now this rain and the snow melt is making it a mess. We're going to hold off announcing a course for a little longer. Biggest reason - the Ringwood Trail Crew spends so much time and effort in there making great trails for us to ride and currying us good kharma with the state - if we ride the trails too much in the condition they are in, we'll trash them before the race. We will definitely try to get some pre-rides together next week, and appreciate everyone's patience. Stay tuned!

Team Town Cycle

OK, we rode the course this morning but there's a few sections that we are just going to have to re-route - it's just too friggin' wet, and with another 1.5-2" of rain predicted for tomorrow, it's not going to improve. We're out nicking puddles this afternoon in preparation for tomorrow's deluge, and we'll do a pre-ride on Wednesday, April 5, 5:30 p.m., meet at the boat house. For those of you not familiar with Ringwood, make sure you use the Skylands entrance (Morris Road) off of Sloatsburg Road, then follow the signs to Shepherd's Lake - hang a left at the eagles, and drive to the lake!

Joe J

This is really interesting to me. Under normal circumstances, riding the trails after this spell of rain would be heavily frowned upon.

The difference is TTC will be back in there busting there butt's repairing any damage (well all except Mike H. he'll be sitting on his BUTT supervising) !!!!

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I know that it takes a lot of time and effort to put these things on, but its gonna be sloppy on Sunday. I’ve been riding there all winter, and there were times it was a slop-fest with a lot less. Another 1.5” coming Thursday, saturated ground, no leaf growth yet to suck up the moisture, the number of heads pre-riding on Saturday then racing Sunday, you all better have your Muddy Mary’s or Shorty’s on.

Team Town Cycle

The good news about no leaf growth on the trees yet is that it does let the sun/light/wind in there to dry things out faster. Obviously it's not going to be bone dry, but we made some course adjustments (and will probably still make another few minor adjustments today!) to stay out of the wetter and more fragile areas. Ryan is right, a lot of Ringwood does dry/drain well, and now that the frost seems to have moved out of the ground (finally), and with the adjustments we made, we're confident we'll be able to have a great race!

Sunny and 61 degrees for race day - you'll need your sunglasses just for all the pasty white legs out on the start line!

Team Town Cycle

Oh, and for anyone who will be pre-riding on Saturday - it's opening day for trout fishing at Shepherd Lake, so please don't park by the boat launch and let's be polite to our fishing friends!

Top Bottom