Ringwood recap!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Post away. That pretty awesome even with the rain. Super fun course once you finished climbing. The single track is super buff and I really can’t believe how well it stood up to the racing. Being 90% rocks probably helped.

MTBNJ has tons of podiums, and I’ll post up a proper recap later.

Mtbdog

Your post stating they were running the full course is what brought to the race. Made my decision easy. Thanks for the early info!

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
After a winter of Zwift racing and indoor riding my first H2H race I scored a 2 place in the 45+ cat 2.
IMG_20190420_120845.jpg

Course was super moist and slick.
I Loved every mile of it. The climbs hurt the down hills we're slick and dangerous. Got out in front on the fire road start, lost 2 spots on the first climb. Followed second place until the first DH. I passed him and never looked back. The white trail at Ringwood is as good as it gets. Made a lot of time up on that section. Saw the first place guy about 30 seconds ahead but could never close the gap. Ended up 1:30 back at the line.
Started getting sloppy in the final 3 miles of technical climbing rock gardens. Just settled in and kept pushing hard but not to hard.
Great day! looking forward to Mooch next Sunday.
20190420_154757.jpg
20190420_114528.jpg

Here's some of the crew after the cat 1 race.
It was a washing machines nightmare.
20190420_121505.jpg

charlesrg

Hey guys, I have question, if someone perhaps un-intentionally skips the race course, finishes 2nd and posts on Strava. Strava shows the skip. What should be done ? I think it's unfair for the other racers including me.
Please see picture of Cat2 race course without Weyble.
Please see Strava Flyby showing the skip during race time:
https://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewe...miRI9bonnGWKJ4TJgiW7hX4kKPGuJQV9lidQCYok&s=5N

This is clear not a Garmin rounding issue.

Attachments

• cat2 weyble pond.JPG
    cat2 weyble pond.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 201

xc62701

My recap is pretty straightforward. I agree I’m glad they stuck with the original course. The 6 of us fatties took off and I didn’t want to lead out the group so I hung back. That was good cause it took a while for me to warm up. I was hanging in second or third on the fire road struggling to see through the mud spray. I waited til the top of the first rise before the long downhill and punched it over the top to get the lead. I knew if I could rip that first descent and climb well on the next big climb the race was over. I went flat out down that first descent and let the fatty go. I was hoping to ride it well and keep my tires intact. It worked and gave me confidence that the rocks were trippy and not super slick.

Next was going through the sand and into the big climb. I didn’t go super hard but I gave it a steady effort and kept on the gas. I know Ara in second is strong and rises rocks well, but I needed to outclimb him and get to that rocky descent first. I guess I climbed well since I never saw him again. I kept looking back for a sign of any of my group behind but nothing. So I starting singing to myself and enjoying the ride. The rest of the lap was uneventful but fun. Rip the rocks and drift the corners.

I finished in first in 1:18, 10 mins ahead of second - which I found out later had no or very limited rear brake usage. I was wondering how I would feel getting off a plane from Mexico on Tuesday and a few short rides before the race but I felt good and definitely had more in the tank. I’m looking forward to Mooch next week. I still need to drop 20 pounds but I’m not rushing it. I’ll keep chipping away and hopefully later in the season I’ll be lighter and more fit.
E3384404-6027-4096-95A5-B6966F460F36.jpeg
96ACE9F3-8CF3-4525-9724-E7CCD858CCA4.jpeg

charlesrg

My recap is pretty straightforward. I agree I’m glad they stuck with the original course. The 6 of us fatties took off and I didn’t want to lead out the group so I hung back. That was good cause it took a while for me to warm up. I was hanging in second or third on the fire road struggling to see through the mud spray. I waited til the top of the first rise before the long downhill and punched it over the top to get the lead. I knew if I could rip that first descent and climb well on the next big climb the race was over. I went flat out down that first descent and let the fatty go. I was hoping to ride it well and keep my tires intact. It worked and gave me confidence that the rocks were trippy and not super slick.

Next was going through the sand and into the big climb. I didn’t go super hard but I gave it a steady effort and kept on the gas. I know Ara in second is strong and rises rocks well, but I needed to outclimb him and get to that rocky descent first. I guess I climbed well since I never saw him again. I kept looking back for a sign of any of my group behind but nothing. So I starting singing to myself and enjoying the ride. The rest of the lap was uneventful but fun. Rip the rocks and drift the corners.

I finished in first in 1:18, 10 mins ahead of second - which I found out later had no or very limited rear brake usage. I was wondering how I would feel getting off a plane from Mexico on Tuesday and a few short rides before the race but I felt good and definitely had more in the tank. I’m looking forward to Mooch next week. I still need to drop 20 pounds but I’m not rushing it. I’ll keep chipping away and hopefully later in the season I’ll be lighter and more fit. View attachment 93415View attachment 93416
Ara said he will go to Cat1 when yo go to Cat1.

Team Town Cycle

Hey guys, I have question, if someone perhaps un-intentionally skips the race course, finishes 2nd and posts on Strava. Strava shows the skip. What should be done ? I think it's unfair for the other racers including me.
Please see picture of Cat2 race course without Weyble.
Please see Strava Flyby showing the skip during race time:
https://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewe...miRI9bonnGWKJ4TJgiW7hX4kKPGuJQV9lidQCYok&s=5N

This is clear not a Garmin rounding issue.
Hey Charles -

I emailed you about this earlier. The racer in question came to us immediately after the race, and was completely upfront about his mistake. He offered to be disqualified, but because of his honesty, we worked with him, and relegated him off the podium. It's unfortunate, but mistakes do happen, and we worked out what we thought was the best solution possible in this situation. We do appreciate your point of view, and we appreciate the racer's honesty in coming to us right away - not everyone would do that.

Thanks again for coming out!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There was a guy taking photos right near the end of the course. Anyone know who it was or has a link?

Top Bottom