Ringwood feature on Singletrack

gtluke

The Moped
Ringwood is under appreciated. It's someone the best trails in the east coast. The skykands, warm puppy, white, and red to top of skyline are so amazing. My favorite is the existing white from piersons road to piersons lookout, but most people would hate it.

DownhillR3

Haven't been to Ringwood since racing it back in 2008. Only 45minutes from me, who wants to give me the grand tour of all the goodies there!? PM Me :)

oobaa47

Great video, just literally got back from there now.......Gtluke, do you mean from pierson ridge road to the yellow trail? I think I lost two fillings on that trail awhile back because it's so damn rocky!!

MMuller

Usually end up taking road trips and riding alone. I know Ringwood is big and always worry about getting lost. Always end up at Jungle as it's easy and action packed. I now have a nice hard tail instead of my FS and think that might not be so much fun up there maybe for an old guy.

gtluke

The Moped
Great video, just literally got back from there now.......Gtluke, do you mean from pierson ridge road to the yellow trail? I think I lost two fillings on that trail awhile back because it's so damn rocky!!

Yeah, it's super techy but totally rideable. Just big boulders to navigate.

RobW

Ringwood is under appreciated. It's someone the best trails in the east coast. The skykands, warm puppy, white, and red to top of skyline are so amazing. My favorite is the existing white from piersons road to piersons lookout, but most people would hate it.
Sounds like MTBNJ should host a group ride.

Edit- is there even a date to be determined yet?

Last edited:

RobW

They did and ask @1shot1b33r how that turned out..

You got to have some pretty decent fitness and skill to do the TOS / Ringwood ride.
When? The post for the remaining events says TBD for ringwood. Also, I'm not scared- it's how you get better right?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They did and ask @1shot1b33r how that turned out..

You got to have some pretty decent fitness and skill to do the TOS / Ringwood ride.
Tag fail!

That was a team ride, but I did live to tell the tale. Would do again. I have faith that @gtluke will take us to all the good spots at Ringwood when the day comes. I live close, yet I almost never ride there.:(

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
There is some new stuff at Sterling Forest, which is only a few miles from Ringwood. It is currently only a few miles of trail, but it will be 8 miles when all done. We hope to connect the two parks with very little pavement. Epic possibilities! If you live in this area, I would highly recommend trying to get to a build day. contact: Bleeder .

Bleeder

JORBA:President
There is some new stuff at Sterling Forest, which is only a few miles from Ringwood. It is currently only a few miles of trail, but it will be 8 miles when all done. We hope to connect the two parks with very little pavement. Epic possibilities! If you live in this area, I would highly recommend trying to get to a build day. contact: Bleeder .
September 24th. Come anytime, soft opening, we're treating the trail corps to some bike rides.

Thin Diesel

There is some new stuff at Sterling Forest, which is only a few miles from Ringwood. It is currently only a few miles of trail, but it will be 8 miles when all done. We hope to connect the two parks with very little pavement. Epic possibilities! .
Ooh - TOS to Ringwood to Sterling and back. Sounds fun!

Top Bottom