Riding Sprain Ridge

Chillydog

I was thinking about riding at sprain ridge tomorrow or this weekend? Does anyone know if we out of staters can still ride there? Something about having to have a Park Pass to get in and that's only for Westchester county folks. Thanks

ChrisRU

I can't offer anything on the rules of the park, but can say its def worth the trip. I've been there once with a local guide and the place is a ton of fun.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I just rode there in September on a weekday and had no issues....bring your A game...it looks tame on paper, but there's some nice stuff in there...kinda like a mini-Blue...not as big, not as hi-tech, but plenty tech enough.

ebineezer

Sprain was amazing today, no mud in sight. Unfortunately we have some rain on the way, so I'm not sure what that will bring in terms of trail conditions.

witica

I went to Sprain today, and I concur that the conditions are perfect. There were about 2 small patches of mud in the whole place. It was my first time and there's some really good stuff there. Lots of the fabled NE rocks...

mjshortell

I live in Riverdale, Bronx (less than 10 minutes from Sprian Ridge) and would love to get in on a ride or two. Can anyone carry an extra bike?

Ian F

I rode at Sprain yesterday with a couple teammates. Conditions are great, if a bit leafy and hard to follow at times. Fortunately, one teammate lives nearby and knows the trails. There are some great DH/enduro lines with some fun jumps. I was able to do most of them on my 27.5+ hardtail, along with most of the drops. Fun place to ride if you can get with someone who knows the area.

Top Bottom