Riding near Chester nj

roc

I have to go to Chester for a softball game at Chubb field. Anybody know if anything within 5 or 10 minutes, where I could get a few miles in for an hour or so?

RetroGrouch

You can ride out the north side of Chubb, across Furnace Rd and Tanners Brook Rd, and over a ridge to Palmer Park and Columbia Trail. Check Trailforks for the trails. Marty's Fat 50 went over that ridge and through Palmer.

You can make a loop if you go west a bit on Columbia Trail if you use a couple Patriot's segments and a couple road miles. One of those segments goes right through Ort Farms

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I have to go to Chester for a softball game at Chubb field. Anybody know if anything within 5 or 10 minutes, where I could get a few miles in for an hour or so?

Riding from the park, as already mentioned, take PP north to Palmer Park, cross Bartley Road and hit Columbia Trail. If you want to take a short drive (about 20 mins), head to Dickerson Mine Preserve.

roc

Riding from the park, as already mentioned, take PP north to Palmer Park, cross Bartley Road and hit Columbia Trail. If you want to take a short drive (about 20 mins), head to Dickerson Mine Preserve.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I can't drive all the way to Randolph. I'm hoping to get 45-1hr, before the game begins.

roc

I rode that Dickerson mine behind Marty's the other day, boy was it fun. I've never ridden there before. It was perfect for a solo ride, and orange had enough technical to keep it interestering. I didn't do any of the real long log rides, but they looked really coool. I would like to see people doing that in person.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
patriots path/columbia trail extension to schooley's mt park has some tough climbs -
leave out the back of chubb - it connects together somehow back there.

zip

It has been a while since I rode through there but go all the way to the back RH corner of Chubb park ( I think by some gym equiptment but very foggy on this detail) and you will see a path that quickly leads to a sort of unused gravel road. Go left on the gravel road and you will see a DPW building with a lot of grass. Ride on the grass around the building and downhill to the paved road and go right on the road. After a short distance you will see the singletrack trail go in on the left off of the road. have fun! I used this route to go from Allamuchy to Madison a few times.

Top Bottom