Ride Titles; Explained

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I had this idea a couple days ago, so lets go for it. I'm huge on naming your Strava rides something interesting, or different. I really hope I'm making a difference in the world by pushing my agenda on this. My vision is to never see a title with a strange workout description math equation, Evening Ride, Watopia, blah blah ever again. Sometimes I have some strange ideas for titles, or I get inspired for a couple weeks on something and keep rolling with it. I figured it would be an interesting idea. I also hope it would give me a way to motivate the lurker to up their Strava ride game and pass on the same sort of guidance going forward to their circle of social riders to make Strava a better place. Not sure how long this experiment will last, but lets see what happens.

Lets get started. It's illegal to blog over the weekend, so I will recap:

Saturday, November 3rd
Serving gumbo with a shovel, dog I’m on another level

This was on my Discover Weekly on Spotify this past week. While I'm up on all these artist, it was cool to see them all on one track with just awesome verses. This line stuck with me and I felt good with my race Saturday.
p3159093653-2.jpg

Look how pretty I am.

Sunday, November 4th
dripping salsa verde
@mandi made some delicious chicken marinated in some spicy salsa verde and we had burritos for dinner. I usually ride in the morning or at lunch so my sweat is not usually nasty. M rode our local mtb trail and I went for a "hike" with the boys. Lucas in the Ergo and Jack on foot, carrying sticks, smashing rocks on stuff, etc. It was a good time. I had an opportunity to spin out my legs once Jack went to sleep, but after dinner, so I did that. It smelt like Taco Bell in the garage. I watched the rest of the Rams/Saints game which was exciting, but nothing really stuck with me. When I was done and turned my fan off, the smell of the salsa verde was too strong to ignore. Boom, done.
image1.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

What is this kit? This is a crime. If I remember this post later, I will call your ass out on this crime against humanity via Strava title.

I often have a ride title in mind when I ride, then I forget. The one bad thing about totally random ride titles is when you have to go back in time and try to find a ride. Like "oh yeah that one ride we did in Canada a few years ago..."

...fast forward an hour, "WTF why did I title this Chicken Lips Gumbo? I'm such an asshole."

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I try and come up with interesting names as well, but mine tend to be something relating to the specific ride. That being said, mine are a bit bland compared to yours. I gots to step up my name game a bit.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I where to have another kid, I'd consider the name Salsa Verde, it covers first and middle name, plus gender neutral so you don't have to scramble for a last minute name before you leave the hospital.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
What is this kit? This is a crime. If I remember this post later, I will call your ass out on this crime against humanity via Strava title.

I often have a ride title in mind when I ride, then I forget. The one bad thing about totally random ride titles is when you have to go back in time and try to find a ride. Like "oh yeah that one ride we did in Canada a few years ago..."

...fast forward an hour, "WTF why did I title this Chicken Lips Gumbo? I'm such an asshole."
IIRC you are OG with ride name titles and I think you started the trend for anyone that follows you.

I always name my rides but I lack creativity for cute, clever or smart names but I can relate to thinking of names on rides and then forgetting by the end of the ride.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
why isn't the word palindrome a palindrome?
i'd have to name all my rides taco cat

Top Bottom