Ride Titles; Explained

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
GO UPTOWN TO HARLEM, TELL EM THAT I SENT YA

This came on when I picked up Jack at noon, so the mood was set. Some of the funnier wordplay. And dudes that wear pink. It was a match made in heaven today.
So was the 32mm tires on the Mr. Pink, with 55psi. Crushing shit.
IMG_6857.jpg

Local dirt road development was the perfect testing grounds. Passed with flying colors.
IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6855.jpg

The more and more I ride this bike, The more I love it and don't want to put skinnier tires on it. Maybe a CAAD10 or something super weight weenie is in my future one day.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@pearl some day as you get a little older, you will begin to realize that the opinions of others, like your current self are meaningless.

im still proud of you, even though you’re a cocky little twerp.

Xoxo

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@pearl some day as you get a little older, you will begin to realize that the opinions of others, like your current self are meaningless.

Xoxo
It is of no surprise that @Norm likes this post and that he bought the same shoes. Life would be pretty damn boring if we all had the same opinions.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

Xoxo
You seem upset about my opinion though and started name calling me online though

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You seem upset about my opinion though and started name calling me online though

Pearl you're reading in to it all wrong. Unless this response is not serious like mine?

You're 700 miles away so you weren't able to see me giggling at the shoe comment and responding with a shit eating grin.

Side note- It's kind of twilight zone responding to an avatar of myself. I do hear voices in my head sometimes so this is a little eerie.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
We will call this the Peezy Stoopid 50
I remember the Stoopid 50 was called that because it was stupid for anyone to want to do that race course. That's kind of how I felt today going down the Falls Dam Jeep trail descent. Who would want to race this loop? Maybe a lot of stupid people exist?

Extended version:
This is slowly becoming my favorite ~1 hour drive ride from our house. My homie David was the only one who was interested in going out this time. I think everyone else thought it was going to be too cold. Last time we did this was in the summer and with a river crossing, so this time we weren’t planning on getting wet and made a couple of changes. We parked at this ghetto hick-ish gas station called the El Dorado Outpost and rolled out at 730am, ~20 degrees in the search for some gravel. I added a couple tweaks to this loop this go around, searching for some new stuff. This was Davids first time on his CX/Gravel bike, so it was fun to break it in properly. I could recap the whole ride, but I think pictures do it more justice.

img_6874.jpg

From the top of Bells Grove Road

img_6877.jpg

The beginning of Chapel Hill Church Road

img_6881.jpg

The scenic part of Chapel Hill Church Road. It was like a magic gravel carpet ride.

img_6894.jpg
This is the easier part of the jeep trail descent.

Towards the middle I thought how awesome this would be as a race course of some sort. The new sections we rode were amazing, had some extra steep climbs and killer views. The mix of gravel, road, climbing, jeep trail descent, you really are never on the right bike for part of it. Part of the gravel is fine for 28’s and road bikes, while part of it you were wishing you had 40mm tires. The jeep descent would be a lot more fun with a mountain bike and suspension, but is it long enough to actually make up time? I think my favorite bike rides are when you regret the bike you are currently on at the moment. That is when it turns into a real ride. Maybe one day we do a invitational ride and see how it would shake out. Or maybe not, I can just ride it and enjoy the scenery.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
pockets stuffed like my favorite fish

Meaning I have a lot of money.

Just an easy ride in zwift world where I can do a no sweat ride and average 20mph. Can't explain that.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
So was the 32mm tires on the Mr. Pink, with 55psi. Crushing shit.
Is that like a -17 stem? I dig the Salsa tribute decal.

And loving that bike with those tires is what you're supposed to be doing.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Is that like a -17 stem? I dig the Salsa tribute decal.

And loving that bike with those tires is what you're supposed to be doing.

Yup, -17, apparently I’m flexible. It also helps that the head tube is rather tall compared to a regular road bike so it actually just “looks” slammed.

I keep reaching for this over my CX bike on these adventure rides and I’m always surprised at how happy I am with how this bike handles it. Couple gravel events coming up really have me second guessing running the pink over the aloominator.

55psi on 32’s??? Iddn’t dat alot p per square “?
It may be, but the minimum is 45 psi for the tires... but for a mix of gravel and road and wanting to play it safe, i went kind of high. I’m sure i could run 45 and use that as the “high” side.

@Norm I will watch between 8-430 Monday

Top Bottom