Ride the New Trail at Sterling Forest

Sick4surf

Ride the New Trail at Sterling Forest

Thanks to the big trail work crew we had last Saturday we punched through and connected the two parking lots. There now is a 3.5 mile out and back trail that would total 7 miles.

I rode it yesterday and it is fun! Not like anything else you have ridden. Start at the trailhead off Long Meadow Rd just north and adjacent to the mulch pile.

Ride down the fire road past the lake then look for a right turn into the single track. At the next fork go right then follow the fresh trail, look for where the trail leave the fire roads onto single track. When you get to the South Gate Parking lot turn around and head back.

Trailforks segment:
http://www.trailforks.com/trails/redback-wip/

Riding great! This turned out better than I ever expected. Hopefully some more volunteers will come out and lend a hand, after they ride and :).

Rode this yesterday, what a trail!!! It's got a bit of everything to satisfy all riders and a killer climb coming from the South Gate lot, not super steep but a nice sustained climb that seems like it goes forever. A little leafy but for my first time there it was easy to navigate and follow the new trail. I'm excited for the future of this park and look forward to attending trail building days!

just checked this out today and it was a lot of fun! The switch back sections were fast with some great flow. Just a little note, there were a ton of leaves down and i did lose track of the trail numerous times. spring time should be a lot of fun when you can actually see what you're riding over!

Back
Top Bottom