Ride - 7-3 Sunday Afternoon Alamuchy Probably

M

mike240se

Ok we are talking beautiful weather AGAIN sunday. Jay and I are going to ride probably alamuchy. With this kinda weather you gotta use it or lose it.... 79 degrees and sunny, doesnt get better than that. After 2 loops at lewis morris i want a change of scenery and i hear alamuchy is the place. Anyone else interested?

C

CD1134

I might be, although I was planning on laying by the pool this afternoon. What time are you heading there and where are you meeting. I don't know if I'd recommend starting where Jay and I did last time (at a park & ride on 206).

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
CD1134 said:
I might be, although I was planning on laying by the pool this afternoon. What time are you heading there and where are you meeting. I don't know if I'd recommend starting where Jay and I did last time (at a park & ride on 206).

LOL, that's where I was planning on going since it's the only spot I know. I'd say we'll end up there around 4-4:30ish.

-jay

M

mike240se

we are going to start at the main spot, i know where it is and i know where a GOOD loop starts.

M

mike240se

ok we are riding around 5:30, if you want to meet us, call jay. We are riding alamuchy.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Great ride today. You can see my review of the spot here!

Wish we hooked a right onto the Blue trail but I guess that gives us something to do next time. The technical stuff was a blast as well.

Here's my story for the day and keep the laughing to a minimum. As we are looping the white trail we see a small trail that shoots off to the left. I might mention that at this point we could hear the traffic of route 80. We see a lady hiking and ask about the trail. She told us it was just an overlook so we kept on going. After finishing up the ride, I went home a different way being as I realized we were on 517 and 80 was a short ways down the road. I hop on 80 and see signs for a scenic overlook 1/4 mile and say hmmmmmm I wonder if that could be where the lady was. So I take the exit all the way to the top, find the trail. I hiked in about 40 yards and start to recognize the trails I was riding earlier but I wanted to make 100% sure. As I'm going in there is a guy who was totally out of place just standing here. He says to me, "lots of bear around here ehhh?" Not thinking I say, "Yeah, bear, snakes and ticks so be careful." He replies with, "I'm feeling dirty, I think I will go home now and take a shower." I didn't reply but was already walking out and I started a brisk jog back to my car and he was following. I get back to the car and realize what just happened and needless to say, I'm glad I ran and now need to take a very long shower myself because I'm totally grossed out.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Just some stats from my GPS:

Trip Odometer: 6.34 Miles
Trip Time: 58 Minutes
Average Speed: 6.6 MPH
Max Speed: 25.4 MPH

A

Ant

Jason said:
Great ride today. You can see my review of the spot here!

Wish we hooked a right onto the Blue trail but I guess that gives us something to do next time. The technical stuff was a blast as well.

Here's my story for the day and keep the laughing to a minimum. As we are looping the white trail we see a small trail that shoots off to the left. I might mention that at this point we could hear the traffic of route 80. We see a lady hiking and ask about the trail. She told us it was just an overlook so we kept on going. After finishing up the ride, I went home a different way being as I realized we were on 517 and 80 was a short ways down the road. I hop on 80 and see signs for a scenic overlook 1/4 mile and say hmmmmmm I wonder if that could be where the lady was. So I take the exit all the way to the top, find the trail. I hiked in about 40 yards and start to recognize the trails I was riding earlier but I wanted to make 100% sure. As I'm going in there is a guy who was totally out of place just standing here. He says to me, "lots of bear around here ehhh?" Not thinking I say, "Yeah, bear, snakes and ticks so be careful." He replies with, "I'm feeling dirty, I think I will go home now and take a shower." I didn't reply but was already walking out and I started a brisk jog back to my car and he was following. I get back to the car and realize what just happened and needless to say, I'm glad I ran and now need to take a very long shower myself because I'm totally grossed out.

I don't get it.... :?

M

mike240se

turns out overlooks are the same as rest stops according to my girlfriend, she said, hey if its a stop on the side of a busy highway then it qualifies. She figured it out on the first sentence....

A

Ant

mike240se said:
turns out overlooks are the same as rest stops according to my girlfriend, she said, hey if its a stop on the side of a busy highway then it qualifies. She figured it out on the first sentence....

Ok, gotcha.... :lol: Jay, was he hot? LMAO!

Top Bottom