Riddle me this Vegan....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm not getting why an an unviable egg is on the no-fly list (that was an unintentional pun)
why are seeds ok then? they are actually going to grow into something, the egg is just going to rot.

ps -
i didn't look on the internet, i'd rather get direct responses.
And what about dairy? Would it be ok if a group of milk maids offered it (as long as they weren't on antibiotics of course)

hell, all that soy is a seed that was kept from growing.

help me understand.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
ImpoliteSinfulBuzzard.gif

choop

I am not vegan, so I am not spwaking as one. But I am vegetarian and eat eggs, cheese, etc so I know some of the vegan perspective. The basics of it is that eggs, dairy, etc are considered animal products or by-products, therefore on the no fly list.

Patrick

Staff member
I am not vegan, so I am not spwaking as one. But I am vegetarian and eat eggs, cheese, etc so I know some of the vegan perspective. The basics of it is that eggs, dairy, etc are considered animal products or by-products, therefore on the no fly list.

i totally get the vegetarian thing - one can choose not to have something killed when there are options. plenty of options.
one can choose not to wear leather, i get it. I might even get that the dairy is forced (sortof) - but the cows wouldn't exist if they didn't give milk, cause they'd get
eaten by everything else.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@choop said it, animal by product. No need to discuss further.

i totally get the vegetarian thing - one can choose not to have something killed when there are options. plenty of options.
one can choose not to wear leather, i get it. I might even get that the dairy is forced (sortof) - but the cows wouldn't exist if they didn't give milk, cause they'd get
eaten by everything else.
choop

gtluke

The Moped
Milk and stuff is about not making an animal do shit for you. I get that.
Not eggs though. Chickens don't give a shit about their eggs. It doesn't bother them to lay eggs and they could care less if you take them.
Open offer to any vegan that doesn't eat eggs. Please, PLEASE come over and meet my chickens.
I even understand people that only buy free range eggs. But eat eggs, they are a gift that hurts nobody.

gtluke

The Moped
but you have confined those poor defenseless chickens...
Chickens don't mind being confined. Exactly because they are defenseless.
When it started hailing on Sunday all my chickens ran like hell for the coop and hung out in there all day. It's not hard at all to get them back in the coop when I need to go out. What does bother them is if you separate them. Like put 4 in the coop and leave 2 out. Then they get upset. They like to be together. Cause its safer. When they are out they generally just stand together in a bush or under the deck. They rarely go more than 50 ft from the coop.
To clarify, my coop has a small run built in. So they aren't stuck indoors.

Patrick

Staff member
these animals wouldn't exist if we didn't exploit them ! wait, that doesn't seem like a solid reason.
silk worm aint gunna stop producing silk cause we stop wearing it.

there are no wild chickens.
what about feathers and down. they regularly molt (is that spelt rite?)

ok, its more of a, we act as a god over these animals, only giving so we can take.

factory egg farms are far from chicken slaughter houses....
so it would be ok if the chix were treated better?

rlb

It's a fucking investment to not buy factory protien, it's also not easy. And all bets are off it you want to dine out now and then. Maybe I should buy a farm.

gtluke

The Moped
It's a fucking investment to not buy factory protien, it's also not easy. And all bets are off it you want to dine out now and then. Maybe I should buy a farm.
My friend runs a little farm right next to sixmile. Y'all should buy her stuff.
All the animals are treated with love.
greenduchessfarm.com

Top Bottom