Reviving CheeseQuake trail

Oz Von Toco

Hey looks like I'm out for Saturday. Forgot it was my Saturday to work at my full time, unfortunately . Think I could do Sunday morning at any of the 3 (cheesequake, huber, and allaire) as long as it's early. Should be drier by then as well

Chris Nordt

Hey looks like I'm out for Saturday. Forgot it was my Saturday to work at my full time, unfortunately . Think I could do Sunday morning at any of the 3 (cheesequake, huber, and allaire) as long as it's early. Should be drier by then as well

Sunday would be best weather wise, if we don't get much rain then we can do CQ or huber, if we get some rain we are better off at Huber.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Do you know if it's the Talon 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5?
If it has a suntour crank... it's prolly a 4
Rather than the crank... change the wheels.

If it's a 4... too many things to change. Better to save and buy a better bike... unless you are getting spectacular deal in parts.

Richard

I think its Talon 2, here is the link of the bike, looks and specs are the same so it is Talon 2 afaik..

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/talon-27dot5-2-2016

It has an epixon fork, shimano crank -- i used to have the alivio hollowtech on my bike back home.. I guess there is someone trying to sell them deore hollowtech or XT hollowtech for a budget price here... I wish..

@C8N -- yeah proly need to change crank and wheel set.. those proly make it a Ton bike.. @Chris Nordt has an awesome LIGHT bike.. (envy)

Frame ALUXX-grade aluminum
Fork SR Suntour Epixon LO-RC w/ low speed compression and rebound adjuster, 100mm travel
Shock N/A
Handlebar Giant Connect XC, Low rise, 31.8mm
Stem Giant Sport
Seatpost Giant Sport, 30.9mm
Saddle Giant Connect, upright
Pedals MTB Caged
Shifters Shimano Deore
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore, Shadow
Brakes Tektro Auriga, Hydraulic disc, 160mm
Brake Levers Tektro Auriga, Hydraulic disc
Cassette Shimano HG5010 11x36, 10-speed
Chain KMC X10
Crankset Shimano M522 24/32/42
Bottom Bracket Threaded, Sealed
Rims Giant Alloy, Double wall
Hubs Giant Sport Tracker Disc, 32h
Spokes Stainless Steel, 14g
Tires Maxxis Ikon, 27.5x2.2
Weight VERY H E A V Y!!!

Last edited:

Chris Nordt

How's Saturday morning for a ride @Richard and @Oz Von Toco.. say 8:30? Weather should hold up enough so CQ won't be too damp. If you want to loose some weight @Richard, you can bring your bike by my place and we can do a little wrenching. Convert it to a 1X like @C8N mentioned and I mentioned on the ride and I have a few parts laying around to also help with the weight. You can probably ride to my house considering how close you are to me lol

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
How's Saturday morning for a ride @Richard and @Oz Von Toco.. say 8:30? Weather should hold up enough so CQ won't be too damp. If you want to loose some weight @Richard, you can bring your bike by my place and we can do a little wrenching. Convert it to a 1X like @C8N mentioned and I mentioned on the ride and I have a few parts laying around to also help with the weight. You can probably ride to my house considering how close you are to me lol

Where u meeting? I'm close by

Chris Nordt

awesome! Looks like there will be at least 3 of us, possibly 5 or more if anyone else decides to tag along. Let me know if you buddy wants to come @Oz Von Toco , I'll throw some regular peddles on my other full suspension bike.

Oz Von Toco

Hey my friend wants to come but he's coming from Brooklyn in the AM (fortunately not from a night of drinking haha). Earliest train gets him to milburn by 8, could we push back the ride 1/2 an hour to 9 so it's not as tight a time crunch for us to get down there?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Hey my friend wants to come but he's coming from Brooklyn in the AM (fortunately not from a night of drinking haha). Earliest train gets him to milburn by 8, could we push back the ride 1/2 an hour to 9 so it's not as tight a time crunch for us to get down there?
The parks not big, you could call one of us and we could swing back to the lot and meet you.

Oz Von Toco

Sounds good I'll see you all at 9, does anyone have an extra/old helmet for my friend? Thought he had one but I guess not

Top Bottom