Reviving CheeseQuake trail

Richard

Its going to be warm and dry soon.. hopefully I will be able to put my bike to use and have fun with it.. looking forward

Richard

Uh.. ok.. I thought so.. dont know bout where you are located but there has been rain the past few days and today on sayreville.. and in my office in cliffwood rd matawan too

MikeyBikey2000

Uh.. ok.. I thought so.. dont know bout where you are located but there has been rain the past few days and today on sayreville.. and in my office in cliffwood rd matawan too

Richard, that was my sarcastic side.. Lonnie Quinn.. 50K smile, 2 dollar forecast.. NJ spring weather blows.

Richard

No @walter

@MikeyBikey2000 - didnt catch that LOL! but yeah, still looking forward.. we will be moving to another house in La Mer area.. so I guess it will be a bit busy but I'd like to play around with my bike so maybe I can squeeze a little time..

Richard

Anybody here went to CQ these past few days? Just saw someone on fatbike the past few days... Is it still muddy?

ekim

It's not bad. A few days ago there was still a puddle at the parking lot entrance, some at the creek crossing just up from there, and a little mud up near the dog kennels. I think everything else was fine.

Chris Nordt

I'm always up for a CQ ride, this weekend might be a little tough with my daughter's birthday and father's day.. Next weekend works though, let's do it!

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be nearby on Friday, thinking about checking it out on my cross bike. Is it cross-able? For a baseline, IMHO, 6-MR is ideal for CX bikes, so if CQ is similar, then the answer is yes.

Chris Nordt

I'll be nearby on Friday, thinking about checking it out on my cross bike. Is it cross-able? For a baseline, IMHO, 6-MR is ideal for CX bikes, so if CQ is similar, then the answer is yes.

CQ has a lot more terrain and climbs the 6 Mile, you may need some beefier tires on that crossbike to tackle CQ.

Richard

CQ Review: Alright... just did CQ yesterday morning... dang.. those are really steep and are a challenge.. real steep. has been years since I have been biking so i got burned.. specially because I forgot to bring me some pet bottled water, my house is literally just half a mile away so I figured I can go home in no time..

Should've updated @Chris Nordt for the ride but I did not plan to go there until I saw the slight opening of opportunity while all the rest of the people at the house are still sleeping LOL

NOW.. We should set a day to ride CQ!!!! hahaha I will be ready for it.. promise! has been a while that I have not ridden a MTB.. and I plan to take advantage of this SUMMER =)

LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup::banana::banana::thumbsup::thumbsup::banana::banana:

Chris Nordt

CQ Review: Alright... just did CQ yesterday morning... dang.. those are really steep and are a challenge.. real steep. has been years since I have been biking so i got burned.. specially because I forgot to bring me some pet bottled water, my house is literally just half a mile away so I figured I can go home in no time..

Should've updated @Chris Nordt for the ride but I did not plan to go there until I saw the slight opening of opportunity while all the rest of the people at the house are still sleeping LOL

NOW.. We should set a day to ride CQ!!!! hahaha I will be ready for it.. promise! has been a while that I have not ridden a MTB.. and I plan to take advantage of this SUMMER =)

LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup::banana::banana::thumbsup::thumbsup::banana::banana:

Yes you should have! haha.. It's ok, I don't know I would have been able to sneak out anyways. Yeah, CQ may not be the longest trail out there, but there are more then a few climbs to make up for it. Want to try it again this weekend, either saturday or sunday morning around 8:30-9:00?

Richard

Yes you should have! haha.. It's ok, I don't know I would have been able to sneak out anyways. Yeah, CQ may not be the longest trail out there, but there are more then a few climbs to make up for it. Want to try it again this weekend, either saturday or sunday morning around 8:30-9:00?
maybe we can go earlier about 7am? LOL! 8:30-9 is good, let me know what time you can make it so I can prep for tomorrow heh

Last edited:

Chris Nordt

maybe we can go earlier about 7am? LOL! 8:30-9 is good, let me know what time you can make it so I can prep for tomorrow heh

Damn! I didn't even see that you wrote me back till now.. I'm up for a ride this morning if you see this in time, if not then no biggie ;-)

Top Bottom