Rental/Demo-Trails combo

The Squirrel

So I got this friend, we'll say his name is Quirrels. Quirrels rides road and CX, but Quirrels is interested in maybe trying some single track in Jersey. What would be a good recommendation for a shop that rents/demo's decent mtb's and is near some trails that Quirrels might be able to handle as an experienced cyclist, but not an experienced mtb'r?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ebineezer already said TBW (+3 for them), so I'll add Marty's.
They got trails out the back door.

And of course you can't do better than Halter's yo. Six mile goodness just down the street.

(Not sure where Chilltown is on a map)

The Squirrel

Ebineezer already said TBW (+3 for them), so I'll add Marty's.
They got trails out the back door.

And of course you can't do better than Halter's yo. Six mile goodness just down the street.

(Not sure where Chilltown is on a map)

Jersey City, actually. I've lived in this town since 1990 and only started hearing it called Chilltown a year and change ago. I guess I'm getting old. But "Quirrels" would drive almost anywhere for the right combination of bike and trails.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

ekim

Brielle rents treks, I had to do that a couple weeks ago. 50 a day for a nice fs
There is also a Middletown store which is closer to Hartshorne if that type of riding is interesting. Make sure you give them a few days notice in case they need to bring a bike up from Brielle....

jumpa

Jersey City, actually. I've lived in this town since 1990 and only started hearing it called Chilltown a year and change ago. I guess I'm getting old. But "Quirrels" would drive almost anywhere for the right combination of bike and trails.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

really? been chilltown for as long as i can remember.

id say halters. 6m is the gateway drug to single track in nj.

- fellow jersey city native.

Top Bottom