Removing Raceface Aeffect Cranks

Mathers

I’m looking to install a small bash guard for my chainring and need to remove my cranks. What tool do i need ?
Also I’d take any recommendations on a bash guard for 28t

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Not sure if they are different but on my Race Face Turbine cranks you use an 8mm Allen key on the drive side spindle. The crank arm is self extracting.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
A quick google search revealed that there are different versions of the aeffect cranks. Some are self extracting and some require a crank puller. Good luck.

Mathers

A quick google search revealed that there are different versions of the aeffect cranks. Some are self extracting and some require a crank puller. Good luck.
That’s what I found as well. Didn’t know if there’s a way to tell which version

jklett

flame.jpg

RetroGrouch

New bike.

Yes, you need both. The Race Face self extracting kit allows you to pull the crank with nothing more than an 8mm hex key. Unfortunately, you need the crank puller to remove the crank to install the self extracting hardware. Or, just buy/borrow/steal a crank puller any time the cranks have to come off. Or, new bike.

Mathers

New bike.

Yes, you need both. The Race Face self extracting kit allows you to pull the crank with nothing more than an 8mm hex key. Unfortunately, you need the crank puller to remove the crank to install the self extracting hardware. Or, just buy/borrow/steal a crank puller any time the cranks have to come off. Or, new bike.
Thanks man

RetroGrouch

My crank puller of choice is the CWP-7. It removes both major styles of cranks. It has a smaller cap on one end for cranks that require a smaller snout to push against the spindle.

Top Bottom