Red Bull XC had more viewers than Downhill

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Also dont forget that Aarron Gywn was knock out early in the season and missed most of the season. You would be mistaken if you think he doesn't brings ratings.
Sorry man, isn’t the last few years anymore. I heard he is racing EWR next year (where DH guys go when they die)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry man, it at the last few years anymore. I heard he is racing EWR next year (where DH guys go when they die)
Ok got it didn't read the article. I will have go back and look at last years UCI and check out these new courses. Did not know that they beefed them up. Old xc was such a bore to watch.

Surprised with technology that they cant show a full run still in the Downhill racing. I think its format still works it could be better for viewing.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now’s the time to buy the dip.
15452762403004491328828657228759.jpg

Now you tell me when I almost hit bottom

Reactions: w_b

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I'd rather ride my bike than watch someone else ride their bike
Bro I heard you liked bikes so we made it so you can ride your bike while you watch someone else ride your bike and someone else can watch you watching someone else ride your bike
7004A62F-CB54-41EE-962D-3861748371DE.jpeg

Ian F

Surprised with technology that they cant show a full run still in the Downhill racing. I think its format still works it could be better for viewing.

The problem is the overlapping start times where two or three racers will be on course at once. I forget the exact numbers, but I believe the top 20 qualifiers start at 1 min intervals. So they have to tape the first part of a run and then link it into where they catch up with them live. I'd imagine there is a limit to how many camera feeds they can record and edit in real-time. If you think about the logistics, what they do is pretty amazing.

The XC races are easier. Most of it is live with the feed usually on the leader or some other position battle and they go back to the tape if the director catches a pass or something happening that wasn't broadcast live.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The problem is the overlapping start times where two or three racers will be on course at once. I forget the exact numbers, but I believe the top 20 qualifiers start at 1 min intervals. So they have to tape the first part of a run and then link it into where they catch up with them live. I'd imagine there is a limit to how many camera feeds they can record and edit in real-time. If you think about the logistics, what they do is pretty amazing.

The XC races are easier. Most of it is live with the feed usually on the leader or some other position battle and they go back to the tape if the director catches a pass or something happening that wasn't broadcast live.
Yeah get that, but maybe a split screen of an overhead drone with on screen point of who is where then shoot the other of regular who's up. I am as guilty of not watching this past year. Not sure why and could have been the gwynn factor.

Ian F

Yeah get that, but maybe a split screen of an overhead drone with on screen point of who is where then shoot the other of regular who's up. I am as guilty of not watching this past year. Not sure why and could have been the gwynn factor.

I really enjoyed the 2018 season. You were never really sure who was going to win. As much as I like seeing Gwin dominate, the change of pace was nice. Next year should be interesting with Gwin not on YT. No word yet on what he'll be riding, but the rumor mill is in overdrive.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This pretty much sums up the end results.
Article on enduro I read.

Snippet

In fact, some of the highest paid mountain bike athletes in the world are DH racers, including the man currently at the top of the UCI rankings, Aaaron Gwin, who reportedly earns $1M each year. Because there is more money in DH racing than enduro, the most skilled and capable mountain bike descenders are naturally choosing DH over enduro,

Top Bottom