Red Bull XC had more viewers than Downhill

RobW

That's cause DHers are out riding instead of watching Red Bull TV.
if you read it, you would see that DH saw 50% increase of viewers, but XC saw more....

edit: my friend rides DH and also watched the XC races, also enjoyed them more. sorry but watching DH is like watching baseball

Ian F

That's cause DHers are out riding instead of watching Red Bull TV.

Not with all the effing rain we had this year...

Plus, it's apparent the course designers have taken past comments seriously. Holy shit some of the features on the XC courses would have given DH racers something to think about 15 years ago. 6'+ drops. 20' doubles. Ass puckering rock-gardens. It makes you wonder if many of the racers would do well in the EWS or even DH.

Xler8

Anyone know what the ratio of televised XC races to DH races there is per season? Are the seasons the same length?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wait it out like the Misfit awesomeness 100%
TjLpFc5.gif

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Some of the women's XC racing was the best I've ever seen . Jolanda Neff double flat and comeback to win was ridiculous, If I were to train inside I'd watch that race but fireball
I think the women's racing is the key thing to note. Also considering that Kate Courtney was doing well and obvious won the WC race. I watched most of the womens WC race and highlights of others. The womans cross races are way more exciting as well. That being said, while the covered for XC was great, it is still a boring format to watch. Even those my son raced NICA this year, he watched the redbull xc stuff for maybe 10 min, while he watched the full redbull rampage, hardline and other "gravity" parts.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think the women's racing is the key thing to note. Also considering that Kate Courtney was doing well and obvious won the WC race. I watched most of the womens WC race and highlights of others. The womans cross races are way more exciting as well. That being said, while the covered for XC was great, it is still a boring format to watch. Even those my son raced NICA this year, he watched the redbull xc stuff for maybe 10 min, while he watched the full redbull rampage, hardline and other "gravity" parts.

Chris Blevins (USA!) Came in 2nd in U23 too, so maybe....just maybe we have a legit men's XC threat as well? That was encouraging to see.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think one of the best things from a viewer perspective is the Redbull Crankworx Slopestyle, District and Hardline. Don't get me wrong, I have watched every XC race the last umpteen years and some races are thrilling. From the holy shit point of view Slopestyle is insane and I love hardline just because of gnar + fast = best thing ever. That being said, apparently I'll watch anything with pedaling and think it's good.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also dont forget that Aarron Gywn was knock out early in the season and missed most of the season. You would be mistaken if you think he doesn't brings ratings.

Top Bottom