Rebuilding fork?

qclabrat

Lately my fork has been dropping pressure when its sitting after it lost all of its pressure from hitting a rock to hard. Where do I find parts its a suntour sr blah blah blah.
which model Suntour and amount of travel?, the higher end ones like Tom has is decent, problem is that most of their line up is for low end performance. The low end one's aren't worth rebuild. With you weight and on a hardtail, you really need a beefier fork like the Auron model. If you're on a budget, look at the X-fusion line.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
which model Suntour and amount of travel?, the higher end ones like Tom has is decent, problem is that most of their line up is for low end performance. The low end one's aren't worth rebuild. With you weight and on a hardtail, you really need a beefier fork like the Auron model. If you're on a budget, look at the X-fusion line.

Suntour Raidon XC LOR, 120mm

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Yes fox 34!!!!! But you don’t need the factory version. Performance elite is identical but not golden coated (the kashima wears off a little over time btw). Save the $$$ and you will be super happy with the improved performance. Especially the control. That noodle of a fork you have just doesn’t cut it in the gnar.

Just my 2c-

They are worth more than my bike lol, I'm looking for a used one :|

qclabrat

Suntour Raidon XC LOR, 120mm
@moose35 did the upgrade from a fork like yours to one of their better ones for not much money. They take your old fork as a trade up.
It's not a terrible fork, but also not a fork worth rebuilding.
Tom, can you provide Max the info? I wasn't able to find anything on their website

moose35

@moose35 did the upgrade from a fork like yours to one of their better ones for not much money. They take your old fork as a trade up.
It's not a terrible fork, but also not a fork worth rebuilding.
Tom, can you provide Max the info? I wasn't able to find anything on their website
I am actually riding the Raidon 120mm also.
You can get parts directly from suntour.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Great TY I'm gonna assume I need a rebuild I'm gonna do it on my own cuz I'm a man cheap
Seals... oils... if you're not planning on keeping the fork for long, you might want to just have a LBS do it because, depending on what your next fork is, it might take different oil/s.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Seals... oils... if you're not planning on keeping the fork for long, you might want to just have a LBS do it because, depending on what your next fork is, it might take different oil/s.

I'm gonna review the procedures when I get home I will just burn the oil if i can't use it

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Don't worry I'm gonna take it apart with my 1 inch impact gun, I've got adaptors to make it work with an 8mm bolt
You don't need an impact gun... but if you want to use it for fun... just be careful not to strip the fasteners.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
You don't need an impact gun... but if you want to use it for fun... just be careful not to strip the fasteners.

I only have it for jesus bolts for rear lat links for subarus and when taking it off is more important than putting it back together

Top Bottom