Rear Skewer

Shaggz

A strong 7
My rear skewer keeps loosening up during rides, and I think th nylon washer on the quick release side is the culprit. Any recommendations on a set of replacement skewers? XT, Hope, Mavic?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i like the salsa too. i want them for the bling factor. ms mary needs suptin' purty. sadly i just don't need them. :(

Shaggz

A strong 7
i was going to get the hope's but found these ion e-bay for $45, including shipping:
img.jpg

Shaggz

A strong 7
thanks, scott. besides not wanting to drop close to $80 on skewers, the product descriptions also mentioned they shouldn't be used with front/full suspension.

ytc100

thanks, scott. besides not wanting to drop close to $80 on skewers, the product descriptions also mentioned they shouldn't be used with front/full suspension.

My original rear skewer used to loosen up spontaneously all of time as well. Those DT skewers are lousy. Switched to Shimano LX versions about 4 rides ago and so far they've been nice and tight without having to really crank them down the way I did with the DTs.

clutch

pretty wild, clutch. i guess replacing the rear der hanger didn't help?

The hanger was just so thin I didn't even bother, I figured if it did hold it wouldn't hold for long.

I ended up finding a deal on some xt hubs laced to some rhyno lites. I then bought the solid axle from airbomb and swapped it out myself. The funny thing is I didn't realize how squirly the rear end of the bike had become until I fixed it.

Top Bottom