Raystown

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
DIRTFEST 2017 you homo. Ride Bikes, drink beer and have fun, repeat.
Looks like you had fun, hope you didn't ruin my map!!
It's tough for me to take off in the summer. As it is I take off a week for Kingdom in July and LBI with the family in August.
I used Maprika to get around Ray's. I did the loop u showed me, but checked my location with phone. It was real handy for verification.

I could tell the trails at Raystown were built with a mini excavator. Everything was wide enough to fit a machine and the bench cuts are so massive and smooth with rolling berms.
Watchung is the same shale soil type as Ray's with similiar elevation. It's interesting to see what can be done if there is a commitment to a project.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was thinking of making a day trip out there in the upcoming weeks and when I saw the snow pic was like - poop...

That place is soo good but with snow? Meh
Yeah, Raystown is 4+ hours away. I would not road trip out here to ride in single degree temps if I wasn't on my way to pick up J from Pitt.
Pitt is 6 hrs away, this was a good stop to break up the ride. Some parents drive out to Pitt, get there kid and turn around and drive home the same day. I would probably road rage if I did that. There are a lot of trucks on the roads out here which can clog up a 2 lane highway.

I went out to dinner with J and his roommate last night. J has an exam this afternoon so I'm gonna hit up some local mtb trails after breakfast. Also I'm bringing back another Cranford local who goes to Pitt and her exam is over at 4:30.
I'll post up more later.

J and roommate.

20161216_090405.jpg

Breakfast.

20161216_090322.jpg

w_b

Do you eat the 2 eggs whole before or after the scrambled?

And do they provide a wheelchair for after?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you eat the 2 eggs whole before or after the scrambled?
The HB eggs were never eaten, my eyes were bigger then my stomach. I ate everything else doe, riding in cold temps requires a lot of calories to stay warm.

After breakfast I checked out of room and drove to Frick Park. It's on the outskirts of the city about 10 minutes from Pitt . It's a small park with about 10 miles of single track but it's some well built quality stuff. Also being close to the city it gets a lot of traffic from hikers, bikers and dog walkers.

The trails make good use of elevation and twist and wind there way in a relatively small space. I was surprised to find trails so fun this close to the city. Based on the amount of tire tracks I saw, the locals visit this place frequently.

Mandatory trailhead selfie. This is my 11 degrees face.

20161216_135637.jpg

Beaten down snow on trail.

20161216_135600.jpg

Top Bottom