Raritan 911: Robocop

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this Officer Millennial?

Lol, he's in that age range, but no. He was born in the Dominican Republic, didn't move to the USA until he was in his teens, and has a really good grasp on what's important, how fortunate we are to have these jobs, and has pride in his work. Other than calling me PAPI all the time because I'm twice his age, he's a pleasure to work with.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Lol, he's in that age range, but no. He was born in the Dominican Republic, didn't move to the USA until he was in his teens, and has a really good grasp on what's important, how fortunate we are to have these jobs, and has pride in his work. Other than calling me PAPI all the time because I'm twice his age, he's a pleasure to work with.
doesnt the word papi have "other" connotations? :p

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last night we had a new level of stupidity.

Sinbad is a new, Mediterranean restaurant in town. There is a picture of an Aladdin-type character on their menu. Last night, a guy called and wanted file a harassment and biased-incident report because the menu in the restaurant has a map of the Mediterranean area on it and Israel was "purposefully deleted". The young officer didn't quite get it and said so, so the caller requested a supervisor. The dayshift supervisor (it was right at shift change) got on the phone and the caller stated that the young officer was trying to bully him into not making a report. Thankfully, the supervisor was in the room during the phone conversation and was able to squash the nonsense. The caller hung up on the supervisor after not getting any satisfaction.

Imagine how bad your day had to be to be "offended" by something like that?

serviceguy

Sinbad is a new, Mediterranean restaurant in town. There is a picture of an Aladdin-type character on their menu. Last night, a guy called and wanted file a harassment and biased-incident report because the menu in the restaurant has a map of the Mediterranean area on it and Israel was "purposefully deleted". The young officer didn't quite get it and said so, so the caller requested a supervisor. The dayshift supervisor (it was right at shift change) got on the phone and the caller stated that the young officer was trying to bully him into not making a report. Thankfully, the supervisor was in the room during the phone conversation and was able to squash the nonsense. The caller hung up on the supervisor after not getting any satisfaction.

Not sure why he would call the Police about it, but how would you feel if somebody used a map of North America that showed Mexico border with Canada ?

I don't get the whole 'Mediterranean Restaurant' thing anyway, that could mean anything from Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Lebanon etc..kind of deceiving if you ask me.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife taught social studies at an orthodox yeshiva and got a ton of shit from parents the one year because she used a map that had Palestine on it for a geography homework assignment.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
On to more fun topics.

@Carson, do you have any advice on how to deal with a parent who is losing their mind. My mother has recently befriended (online) a Turkish ambassador in need of a helicoper ride, a Korean engineer in need of a plane ticket and some guy who was supposed to buy her a house or a Mercedes or both....all to the tune of $12000 that we know about.

rick81721

Lothar

Coulda been worse

Bamboozle-christchurch-restaurant-racist-menu-CREDIT-BAMBOOZLE-SCREENSHOT-120118-1120.jpg

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's

so because i'm me... i had to look up this menu... the yelp photos don't show any maps... and the online menu includes little flags from several countries next to each item... and if my old lady eyes do not deceive me, there is an israel flag on there... like right next to the "Israel Vegetable Couscous"... soooooo... now i'm hungry.

P.S. Thanks for keeping us safe from evil Mediterranean restaurants.

w_b

If the report does not explicitly state that the Taylor ham was part of a sammich, then it should be further investigated as a potential Grand Theft. Grand Theft Sammich.
At least the news piece clarifies that it is sometimes called pork roll, they got that part right.

Top Bottom