Rapha Clothing

First morning to test the outer shell gloves in cold wet weather. Hour and 20 min and the gloves were completely drive on the inside. Exactly what I was looking for as it is the first winter glove I have had that hasn't absorbed water like a sponge.

Review coming shortly

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387287462412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387287462412.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
Review coming shortly

Kitsbow is some expensive sh*t. I've always liked the look of their stuff and from reviews it seems it's very well made, but I think high end MTB wear as an industry is a tough road to hoe. I would think that off-road gear just wears out too soon to justify that price point for all but the most obsessive riders looking for the very best of everything. Like if I drop $265 on a jersey and then catch it on a thorn during my first ride, I'd be pretty pissed. What did you get?

I rode near the shore to avoid the wintry mix. 30s and raining. Perfect Rapha weather. Pro Team jacket, merino glove liners, and overmits.

Wow! I've never heard of Kitsbow. Thankfully their product selection is small and looks like it is intended for equestrian's. :D Rapha is getting all my money lately.

I love Rapha too but this is what happens when you wear a $250 Rapha jersey on the MTB...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387332735785.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387332735785.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 54
For me, rapha is no question road only. And cross. But these fabrics are not made to get pulled by branches and prickers.

For me, rapha is no question road only. And cross. But these fabrics are not made to get pulled by branches and prickers.

Yep.... It wasn't a very smart thing to do. Luckily they offer free repair. Which I'm still waiting for them to send back.

Winter sale started today and you can get some deals if you are an xs or s. Check it.

Winter sale started today and you can get some deals if you are an xs or s. Check it.

They have winter socks and vests in normal people sizes. I almost pulled the trigger.

I got a pair of the winter gloves, I love them. Nice grip but not too bulky that you can't feel anything.

I finally got my stuff back from the free Rapha repair.

In case anyone is wondering, this is a service you get for free for most of their items. I don't think you can send your holey socks. But if someone wants to try, let me know.

Here are some before and after pics. I'm pretty happy with everything, its all solid work from what I can tell, but I'm far from a tailor.

11736057593_7426d0df34_c.jpg
11736054963_6ae1041481_c.jpg

11736555316_204c495016_c.jpg
11736052323_3c900727fa_c.jpg

I found these in the pockets.... Looks like Rapha outsources....

ypezytyj.jpg

So I picked up a Rapha Winter Jersey on fleabay and it turned out to be a large instead of a medium as the auction had noted. The seller was being sketch about a return, so I decided to just sell it myself. I wore this jersey once to see if I could deal with the large size and the chest are was just too big. Anyways this is a thick merino jersey with a wind front layer in the front and some fleece on the inside. On the road, this would be good for the 30's and 40's with a base layer and you could probably use it on windy days in the 50's. I paid $161 with shipping. The jersey is in excellent condition yet it has too grease marks on the right sleeve, so the condition is good. I am asking $140.

2CEADA84-5B28-420A-828F-E922102051AF_zpsp6lgxmzr.jpg

Two pockets instead three and a zipper pocket on the right side pocket. Large zippered pocket that sits inside.
DD57213A-D0A9-41C8-A302-C83156FF60A2_zpsgnqb2jxg.jpg

Zippered vents in the front.
A33C0886-D53F-4CEC-AF0D-B80CBB582B53_zpszsrxbqn0.jpg

Chainrinf tooth grease mark on bottom of right sleeve, just to right of thumb.
6428BB79-1B86-48AB-AA6E-93FA77D75564_zpsklb1d2ti.jpg

Small grease mark barely visible just to the right of the top of the reflective strip on the top of the sleeve.
BE27820E-E270-4972-AC74-6EB66AAACF6C_zpsmcqegg2n.jpg

So I picked up a Rapha Winter Jersey on fleabay and it turned out to be a large instead of a medium as the auction had noted. The seller was being sketch about a return, so I decided to just sell it myself.

I'm interested but need to try it on. I'm between sizes. Med for their regular stuff but Large with the Race team stuff. Yours may be too big. Wanna bring it into the office tomorrow or have me impose at your house? (relax, I don't know exactly where you live...yet. ;))

I'm interested but need to try it on. I'm between sizes. Med for their regular stuff but Large with the Race team stuff. Yours may be too big. Wanna bring it into the office tomorrow or have me impose at your house? (relax, I don't know exactly where you live...yet. ;))

It is more of the regular fit but you are welcome to try..i can bring it to the office tomorrow and we can try my house after that.

It is more of the regular fit but you are welcome to try..i can bring it to the office tomorrow and we can try my house after that.

Bring it to the office and PM me your phone number. I'll be passing by there mid-morning.

Dawn dish detergent and a brush should get most of the grease out.

And I have this same jersey. Size and color. Fits great if not a little tight.

Back
Top Bottom