Rant !

Stocky

For the love of G-D , if you can't ride the technical stuff , then get off your bike and walk it , keep trying until you master it or get the heck out of Mahlon , clearly it's well above your ability .
Someone has taken it upon themselves to dig up a rock garden and very tech downhill at the end of the WMA loop .

Some large rocks have been removed and filled with much smaller rocks . It's now 100 times more dangerous than it was before the unknown candy ass made his own line .

ok rant over .

SpartaBard

Where is this, the downhill from the wma toward Saffins lot? I have not been on my mtb in Mahlon for over a month... Not cool.

Stocky

Brad ... Yes , that last rock garden , then slight uphill and over the small downed tree/log .... Then that knarly , steep final downhill .

Total DOUCHE move on someone's part .

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Probably somebody retaliating because somebody built a causeway over the mud-crossing feature at the the other end of the wma loop :rolleyes:

Stocky

Probably somebody retaliating because somebody built a causeway over the mud-crossing feature at the the other end of the wma loop :rolleyes:

Hey that's a low blow .... By the way , the causeway needs to be extended about 3ft ... just sayin'

Stocky

and you are offering to to coordinate the effort and spend a weekend morning out there? :rolleyes:
just sayin'

I can't help it if you guys always play in the woods on Saturday mornings . Next time you keep an eye on my shop and I'll play in the dirt . ;)

Shaggz

A strong 7
If you can't do Saturdays, and there is a problem that bothers you that much that you need to bring it up in this fashion, try to make arrangements for an alternate day. Norm Abrecht is the JORBA Rep for the WMAs, and there are more than a few locals that need Paydirt hours. I do not think your can't do Saturdays is an insurmountable obstacle keeping you from giving back to the parks.

EDIT: I am sure there could be a couple of smileys thrown in here, but I don't have the energy to figure out where they go.

Last edited:

goldsbar

Your complaint is way to late. That last downhill used to be narrower - like a year ago!!! - and forced you over the harder center line. Now the far left line is part of the trail and much less intimidating.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Revisiting this thread...I don't know if my memory is faulty but it seems like there are log overs cut/removed on the Purple cascade trail, from the high school overlook down towards the falls. Definitely felt less fun.

Blk06CompIRL

orig i was planning to ride here today ,for the first time, but after reading this and seeing the words steep gnarly and dangerous i may need a bit more seat time lol but extreme dave said less fun so maybe that transfers to easier lol where ride tonight hmm..

crash

Lewis Morris is nice starter. MD is a good next step. Walk the few tricky spots.
Then move up during the course of many rides to Allamuchy south of 80, then north of 80, Wawayanda (marked trails first before the semi official trails second), JH, then the big boy stuff marked Blue / Red onto six bridges and Cat's Nest? at Ringwood. Expect to go over the handle bars a bunch, and suck it up.

Blk06CompIRL

Lewis Morris is nice starter. MD is a good next step. Walk the few tricky spots.
Then move up during the course of many rides to Allamuchy south of 80, then north of 80, Wawayanda (marked trails first before the semi official trails second), JH, then the big boy stuff marked Blue / Red onto six bridges and Cat's Nest? at Ringwood. Expect to go over the handle bars a bunch, and suck it up.

ill note that sounds like a nice progression i ride lewis morris once a week for past 5 weeks. so maybe a lil more time and plan a slow day at MD. find someone to rate my skills lol

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
MD has bits of every type of terrain. If you feel comfortable with Lewis Morris, I'd say give it a try. There might be some stuff you have to walk initially, but after some practice, most of it should be ridable.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ill note that sounds like a nice progression i ride lewis morris once a week for past 5 weeks. so maybe a lil more time and plan a slow day at MD. find someone to rate my skills lol

I've seen you ride. You'll do fine at MD, Stephens, Deer Park, KSVP and even some of Mooche. You are far better than you're giving credit for.

Just as others have said, get off and walk when you're not comfortable.

Blk06CompIRL

I've seen you ride. You'll do fine at MD, Stephens, Deer Park, KSVP and even some of Mooche. You are far better than you're giving credit for.

Just as others have said, get off and walk when you're not comfortable.

haha thank! so i can stop thread jacking im replying to you via PM
:topic: i can def agree with orig poster though lol i have no problem walking stuff i cant handle. if you question it then walk it, spot it out and try it. judge your failure and mental note your flaws for the next time dont modify the course to fit your flaws. If other people can ride it then its not the trail with the issues lol

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions