rancocas park.. Westampton, NJ (newbie here, return to the sport after a 20 year break)

zmodica

a month ago i bought a sweet bike a returned to the forest on 2 wheels for the first time in 20 years. I forgot how much i loved it and am hooked again.

My home ride is Rancocas Park, great beginner trails to get my legs and line right before i advance.

2 questions..anyone else ride this park? and if yes, how will it work there during hunting season(sept 12th), meaning, do we share with the hunters or is it off limits to riders on hunting days (every day except for sunday)

Thx in advance and see you in the woods

D

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome back!
I've never ridden here but this depends on the park. The rules are usually posted on a kiosk or on the websites, or flag down a ranger and ask. I try not to ride on hunting days for obvious reasons but sometimes I do. At Allaire, I've come across hunters a few times.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hello - and welcome!

had to look-up westhampton.

Seems the hunters like the mornings, but like Mike said, check the signage.

Check out meetup.com for a couple different mtb groups in NJ - there is a regular ride at kresson trails in cherry hill.
Have fun, be safe, and post some pictures!

BigDB67

a month ago i bought a sweet bike a returned to the forest on 2 wheels for the first time in 20 years. I forgot how much i loved it and am hooked again.

My home ride is Rancocas Park, great beginner trails to get my legs and line right before i advance.

2 questions..anyone else ride this park? and if yes, how will it work there during hunting season(sept 12th), meaning, do we share with the hunters or is it off limits to riders on hunting days (every day except for sunday)

Thx in advance and see you in the woods

D

I have never ridden it, but I am in South Jersey in Mount Laurel. If you are open to giving tours send me a PM and I will ride with you (at a snails pace)!

Mountain Bike Mike

Whoa... This is in my neck of the woods.. I may have to take a ride down there and check em out.. I could ride the CX bike on the road to the place, ride the trails and then ride home..

AND

this is not far from where they hold a CX race in Willinboro (Mill Creek Park)

Welcome to the forum!

zmodica

i strapped a gopro on so you can preview the first part (then i got flat and forgot to restart the camera after fixing my tire)

thanx to all your replies and tips, it seems bow hunters have free reign all week so ill need a new home ride

D

Top Bottom