Ramblings from Moe Mountain

Kaleidopete

It's been really cool weather these mornings, great riding. I rode the Laurel trail,
to Sitting Bear trail, which is getting overgrown in spots and makes for great riding!
On the way back I spotted what was left of a bird, only feathers, not even bones.
It might have been a Pileated woodpecker @pooriggy . The berries are starting to come out too.

bird
birdgonner.jpg

Sitting Bear trail
sitting14.jpg

the berries
berries.jpg

Kaleidopete

I got out early this morning, 6:30, and headed to the Red Dot trail that my friend Jim rode last week
and mentioned it’s returned to nature. Wow was he right. I worked on it a little with my saw, but shortly gave up.
It needs a crew and a chain saw. I then headed over to Old Coal trail and onto White trail which I remember
being blocked by trees a few months ago. It is passable, but still needs work. I rode this trail up and over to
Cherry Ridge trail. A large tree is blocking the last part of White trail. I’m working too hard and riding too little
today with all these obstacles. I continued onto the power line in search of Tombstone trail. Ah! found it! Really
overgrown, but rideable. That is a great single track. I had worked hard enough today and took the easy ride back
along Cherry Ridge trail. Just over seven miles and starting to warm up today. It was a great workout for me.

Tree blocking White trail
white tr23.jpg

Tombstone trail, I walked ahead to check for hidden surprises
Tombstone20.jpg

same spot closer shot
toumb1.jpg

The Cemetery
toumb2.jpg

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

4th of July celebration at Ringwood Manor today. A great event
The horseman rode up bringing the Declaration Of Independence and
presented it to the speaker, who in turn read it to the crowd. There were whoops
and cheers and boos in all the appropriate places. A nice presentation.

4t July Ringwood03.jpg

4t July Ringwood05.jpg

4t July Ringwood01.jpg

a beer maker
4t July Ringwood06.jpg

Kaleidopete

Sunday I went to Pacem In Terris for a concert of “chamber music”. This is a small art center in Warwick, NY.
The weather was perfect! Tickets were $15 and they played for one hour and then took a break and then
played for another hour. Really a great show. After the show everyone went to the art garden for free wine and to yak.

Pacm07.jpg

Pacm14.jpg

the concert hall
Pacm12.jpg

Pacm11.jpg

Pacm02.jpg

Pacem01.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Sunday I went to Pacem In Terris for a concert of “chamber music”. This is a small art center in Warwick, NY.
The weather was perfect! Tickets were $15 and they played for one hour and then took a break and then
played for another hour. Really a great show. After the show everyone went to the art garden for free wine and to yak.

View attachment 72143
View attachment 72141

the concert hall
View attachment 72144

View attachment 72146

View attachment 72142
View attachment 72145

Fast forward to 15:40 - this would've been me

FitmanNJ

View attachment 72143
View attachment 72141

the concert hall
View attachment 72144

View attachment 72146

View attachment 72142
View attachment 72145
I went there several times years ago with folks from the Bicycle Touring Club of NJ. It's absolutely an enchanting place. I imagine that the original owners have passed away now, but it's good to hear that someone has continued to keep the grounds open for visits and special events. They even used to do a real fun and enriching New Year's Eve ceremony.

Kaleidopete

I went there several times years ago with folks from the Bicycle Touring Club of NJ. It's absolutely an enchanting place. I imagine that the original owners have passed away now, but it's good to hear that someone has continued to keep the grounds open for visits and special events. They even used to do a real fun and enriching New Year's Eve ceremony.
Yes, it's run by their son now that they're gone.

Kaleidopete

Well I signed up for the Halters 31/31 July challenge, to ride every day for at least one hour and win $100.
I did this just because I know I can do it and I’ll donate the winnings to Jorba, as suggested in the rules. I’m
on my own challenge of riding every day at least an hour and a half to two hours. I’ve been doing this since
October 27th. 2017. Which puts me at 250+ days in a row as of this week. I checked my Strava records and
was surprised to see my average since January 1st. was at fourteen hours a week. I think I’m loosing ground a
little lately though and down to maybe just over an hour and a half a day. I don’t know why that is now that
the good weather is here? I just kind of run out of energy at that time and I really don’t feel the need to push it,
this is supposed to be fun too and I don’t want to loose the fun part of my riding. I hope to make it the full year
riding every day, but you never know what medical issues will pop up to kill it. Just one day at a time and keep it fun,
that’s my plan. After the year, maybe I’ll take up drinking! Just kidding.

strava1218.jpg

WINTER
Pete Snowed04.jpg

SUMMER
WayWay SC 2017_01.jpg

Kaleidopete

There was a large group of Asian people camping out this weekend in Wawayanda.
From Saturday early morning to late Sunday night. Eighty people I was told by one of the group.
They came to hike and run and party. I stopped by on my Monday morning ride and saw what they left behind.
Nottin', amazing they could leave it so clean, it's nice to see there are still responsible people in the park.

Asian03.jpg
Asian01.jpg
Asian02.jpg

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
There was a large group of Asian people camping out this weekend in Wawayanda.
From Saturday early morning to late Sunday night. Eighty people I was told by one of the group.
They came to hike and run and party. I stopped by on my Monday morning ride and saw what they left behind.
Nottin' it's nice to see there are still responsible people in the park.

View attachment 74577View attachment 74578View attachment 74579
You can camp at Wayway?
Cool... I might give that a shot one of these days.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's the season to remember to keep your mouth shut while riding, the caterpillars are hanging on their strings.
View attachment 74777

Here in a puddle are hundreds of polliwogs

collect, skewer, cook over hot coals, call Walter. :D

Could see eating these - don't have a lot of legs going on.
But as mentioned, i east oysters, squid, sea urchin, eel - so it isn't such a far reach...

Top Bottom