Ramblings from Moe Mountain

Kaleidopete

Well nothing to say about my daily hike N bike, other than I did it today trying to maintain some sort of fitness in my life, besides the pure enjoyment of being out on the trails and in the woods.
Tomorrow I fly to San Francisco to visit my son who’s getting married Thursday.
Since I don’t have a cell phone and no access to a computer, I’m off the grid until Saturday.
Today I did get a nice visit from @soundz so we could attempt to make a nice “stabilizer” for his front wheel. I think it went pretty good UNTIL we discovered that his crap, dry-rotted plastic front fender simply disintegrated once I attached the metal fixture. So I made another fender section from black 1.5 PVC and attached it. Now that also failed as the fender continued to disintegrate.
Well the fixture I made seems like it will work great anyway as soon as a metal replacement fender is installed, so it worked out pretty good anyway. He did bring me some nice Beer. Something new I’ve never tried. I went right for the Gold, seeing as I’m flying out tomorrow and who knows what can happen. I drank the Westbrook Brewing Mexican Cake Imperial Stout 10.5%, black as oil and tasty as hell. Thanks soundz! Good choice!

Soundz beer01.jpg

Kaleidopete

Back from San Fran last night at midnight.
Airport bar CBGB's at Newark Airport.
SF wedding02.jpg

CBGB's Kane on draft.
SF wedding05.jpg

The City Hall wedding venue
SF wedding09.jpg

My son at his bar getting me a Pliny Elder
SF wedding22.jpg

Bike ride in San Fran
SF wedding29.jpg

Stop at Zeigeist bar for whiskey on my ride
SF wedding28.jpg

Wedding party had a few Backwoods Bastard beer 10.5% yummy
SF wedding32.jpg

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

Great ride this morning, went down the seldom used Old Wawa Rd trail, narrow, overgrown single track.

OWR north04.jpg

Then over to the beach for some real soft stuff. My 5.05 tire is right in it's element here.

Beach sand07.jpg

On the way there I spotted the bear about 500 feet ahead, we looked at each other and then continued on.

bear im.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Great ride this morning, went down the seldom used Old Wawa Rd trail, narrow, overgrown single track.

View attachment 40094

Then over to the beach for some real soft stuff. My 5.05 tire is right in it's element here.

View attachment 40095

On the way there I spotted the bear about 500 feet ahead, we looked at each other and then continued on.

View attachment 40096

Maybe it's just a trick of the light.... But it looks like there's another one just to the right of your circle.

Kaleidopete

View attachment 40094

View attachment 40095

View attachment 40096
@Juggernaut
I think you're right, they were quite a ways off.
My boating safety whistle let 'em know I was comin' through.

Kaleidopete

Nice ride in Hickory Hill Park in Warwick NY. I went exploring today, staying on the main trail. There are lots of smaller trails running off this main one, but my therapist told me to "take it easy", so I am.

First you ride through large fields that have been cut for bikers & hikers

Hickory4.jpg

Nice pond back there
Hickory2.jpg

What the?
Hickory3.jpg

Trail comes out on road.

Hickory1.jpg

huffster

@Kaleidopete Do you have a GPS for this ride? I've heard of this place, but never been there. Just need enough information to find a responsible place to park and a trailhead. Thanks in advance.

Kaleidopete

@Kaleidopete Do you have a GPS for this ride? I've heard of this place, but never been there. Just need enough information to find a responsible place to park and a trailhead. Thanks in advance.
@huffster
Yes I do, I think you can download it from my Strava page.
I'll see if I can attach it here too.
The name of the road in the photo where the trail comes out id Cascade Rd. Warwick.
The Park itself is Hickory Hill Park and that is where I parked to access the trails.

Attachments

• Morning_Ride.gpx
    956.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Top Bottom