Ramapo Mountain Conditions

JohnnyPedals

Shout out to Manny

Manny rode the soccer field last night. Great job on the reroutes.
Thanks for all the hard work you put in there.

JP

MannyL358

Rode the Wanaque Ridge trail (Orange) today and it's actually in pretty good shape. Only a few blow downs. The Indian Rock connector from Orange to Cannonball has a few as well. All in all better than I expected.

The last updated map:

Attachments

• Ramapo-TA-Map_UPDATE_11-19-12.jpg
    Ramapo-TA-Map_UPDATE_11-19-12.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 402

ajb

Rode the Wanaque Ridge trail (Orange) today and it's actually in pretty good shape. Only a few blow downs. The Indian Rock connector from Orange to Cannonball has a few as well. All in all better than I expected.

The last updated map:

thanks, Manny
If you need help with another TM session lmk

JR Zano

Manny,
If you can setup a work date for Ramapo, I will reach out to everyone on the E-mail list. Do you have someone to do chain saw work?
James

MannyL358

Manny,
If you can setup a work date for Ramapo, I will reach out to everyone on the E-mail list. Do you have someone to do chain saw work?
James

James I'm going to let Art call the next one since he's the only one with a chainsaw. I just emailed Ellen with the map and hopefully once they are done with RW they will schedule it for Ramapo.

All the blow-downs on the map are anywhere from 10" - 24"+ inches in size.

MannyL358

The two areas I would address if the powers that be would allow are finding a way around the 2 steep ATV fall lines. I hate having to hike-a-bike.

Good job on the map Manny ! The orange trail is really fun but is in need of some SERIOUS TLC .

aedubber

The two areas I would address if the powers that be would allow are finding a way around the 2 steep ATV fall lines. I hate having to hike-a-bike.

Yes , i know of the 2 spots your talking about and using the term hike a bike is putting it nicely :D , more like throw your bike over your shoulder and climb like a dog haha.

I remember going off course on the orange where blue and orange kind of run by each other up by the power lines . I ended up back by some little local spot by homes :hmmm:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
as in the Ringwood thread.
Probably not a good idea unless you have a FATBIKE and I am curious to see how the FATBIKES handle that slush.
Snow hasn't melted and I dont think is hard/solid enough for a ride. Not a lot of foot traffic in Ramapo south of the lake, perhaps some traffic at the top.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I tried to ride my backyard and it wasnt fun, I cant imagine a good ride with NON FAT BIKE at Ramapo or Ringwood. Head south!

I did today and it was :getsome:

Dirt Dawg

From Top of Skyline, Cannonball and Yellow headed towards Ringwood were great from 6:30 AM until 8:30, but you could see as the sun was warming up - it was going to get soft very soon. Not too many frost heaves, but they were there, and again, started to get soft towards 8:30.

Dirt Dawg

It is supposed to get really cold tonight - hope the ground freezes up nice and solid. Any reports on where might be a good spot for a 7AM ride tomorrow before the temps get above 30? Soccer Field up? Top of Skyline?

MannyL358

Did a loop today and all the snow is gone. Anything above the lake for the most part is good. Lower Cannonball heading to the soccer field however is still a disaster. I’m not sure about the other side of Skyline Dr. heading into RW.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions