Jshort’s bike thread

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really? he must like you...He usually just calls me a fat loser and tells me never to speak to him again.

I wouldn't discount that...~4800' iirc....thats something you would certainly notice at race pace.

The reason I don't think it was elevation was because I felt just like I had been feeling leading up to the race. I hadn't tried to put out that kind of effort till then so I didn't know how bad I was.

Plus if it was elevation, everyone there had to deal with it which means I just sucked...;). I like that less.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good job on getting yourself out there. This was just a practice run for next year ;-)
Do you think you have lymes?

Thanks. Definitely thinking about next year but am in no rush.

I'll have to get the Dr this week and see. There was no tick or rash but something is up.
On Saturday I was laying on the couch and when I got up I took a few steps and got really light-headed and blacked out for a second. I caught myself f before I fell thank God. Ethan was looking at me and was a little freaked out. If I fell he would have been traumatized.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I checked and elevation doesn't mean with you until way over 5k feet. We were around 4800 ft so I don't think made a difference I was hoping that was it.

I definitely have some kind of virus or infection. I had something similar at Lewis Morris last year. Felt like Lyme's.
I thought above 7000/800 is where a difference is.

Good recap, first full race recap I read in awhile. Also, be careful with @Mountain Bike Mike, he is trying to butter your ass so you don't embarrass him next year when you in the same class.

Kaleidopete

Thanks for the great recap....feel better soon!
I like this......
IMO if you are that worried about a 20 yard stretch of the loop, get off and run. You aren’t going to lose any time, and its one less thing to worry about)

Mountain Bike Mike

@jShort - Tough luck brutha. It does make for a great recap. Overall, you had a really fucking awesome race season.

@stb222 - Shut your filthy mouth... haha... it ain't about that at all. You're more than welcome to join us at the next race, whenever or wherever that will be...

I hope to race Jeremy next year... and I hope to be able to compete with him. That'd be a huge compliment to my progress to be able to hang with guys like him. It's motivating.

Competition aside, you gotta respect the hard work, dedication, sacrifice and time that goes in to get to where Jeremy is at. Mad respect and I can't help but empathize with him. I put myself in his shoes - that's a tough mind fuck to deal with. For things to line up right and to have a solid race is rare especially against stacked competition.

I heard they may run Natz in WV again...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That'd be a huge compliment to my progress to be able to hang with guys like him. It's motivating.
Oh whoops, sorry forgot to make my response to @jShort about you
eOXPWP.gif
bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif

eOXPWP.gif

eOXPWP.gif

bPhuXJ.gif
bPhuXJ.gif

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The reason I don't think it was elevation was because I felt just like I had been feeling leading up to the race. I hadn't tried to put out that kind of effort till then so I didn't know how bad I was.

Ya, although at race pace...LT...extended period of time...I would think 5000 would be more than enough to feel it...I have seen people have many different effects from it..myself personally, its just shortness of breath...as you would expect from the air being thinner and shit. But sounds like @jShort ate some bad piaya or something.

Plus if it was elevation, everyone there had to deal with it which means I just sucked...;). I like that less.
This is true, but it effects everyone differently....I used to live at 7700', dropping down to 4800...I would for at least a couple of days feel better

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What you are explaining sort of happened to me the year I did Battenkill. Like 2 weeks before the race I was smashing everything. Then when race day came, I was just coming apart at the seams. Back then I had enough in the tank to last 50 miles but eventually I broke hard and stumbled back to the line with the majority of the people. I never really identified what happened there other than the sort of vague "shit happens" and "sometimes your body just quits and needs a break".

Keep it up. You keep rising, don't let 1 bump in the road get you down.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Good write up. I can relate to much of this, including a rain delay 15 years ago at the same place. It rains a lot there.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
why would you decide to get lymes the week of nationals? seems pretty stupid to me

Can you get a reverse TUE and petition for like 10min bonus time as a handicap? USAC does that, right?

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And the Dr says..... Lyme's. 14 days of doxycycline

Holy cats! You called that. Sorry that tick tanked your Natz. OTOH, you're so much more attuned to how your engine should be running vs how it IS running that you're getting it solved early. (He says, hoping he's right?)
Can you race in this next year? Just til Natz.
9900102_A.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
bad timing - but you put it out there.
love reading that, talking yourself into feeling better, telling yourself to finish.
mental mettle.

quick recovery, cause 'cross....

i gotta look at your rides, now that i'm going out of Clinton some days

Top Bottom