Question about highland & thunder mnt base lodge

Blk06CompIRL

Hey all, its been a long time since posting but i have a question. i could probably call the resorts about it but it gives me a reason to pop on and say hi. This coming weekend i am going to highland and thunder mnt for the first time. my wife will be coming along to hang out,but She is currently 5.5 months pregnant and cant be in the sun / heat for to long. i am wondering what the base lodge and hang out area is like for her. Im planning to bring umbrellas and such but cant really provide outdoor AC lol. Any info would be great!

J-Dro

Highland's Lodge has plenty of indoor and outdoor seating where she can find shade. It is not air conditioned though.

Ian F

The lodge at Thunder Mtn is not air conditioned either. Unfortunately, it's a side effect of being built primarily for winter use.

Blk06CompIRL

The lodge at Thunder Mtn is not air conditioned either. Unfortunately, it's a side effect of being built primarily for winter use.
Haha yeah i guess so. Thanks for the information. I will just hope for the best that she will handle it well. May only do half day at thunder so will suck only half as much lol

Blk06CompIRL

She sits around pregnant and hot while you ride bikes all day. I feel an IOU coming:p
LMAO yeah figure feed her well and a massage and i will be ok... she is also the one who is choosing to go to check out the areas so its not my fault if shes uncomfortable..... lol #thingsnottosaytopregnantwife

Blk06CompIRL

Oh no, you've been miss-informed. everything about her current condition is YOUR fault
What are the chances that she is not aware of this? Lol i think the trick will be ride a lot and avoid eye contact and beg fo forgiveness on the 3 hr drive home from thunder mnt

huffster

My older brother once shared these words of wisdom. It goes something like: "You will end up in the dog-house at some point or another, so you might as well enjoy yourself"

jumpa

My pops tells me, "with women, sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" and that's how he got his motorcycle.

Blk06CompIRL

My pops tells me, "with women, sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" and that's how he got his motorcycle.
Haha nice, i can totally agree with that! Figure when its time for a new bike that will be the way to go... Or say its for the baby but i might as well use it until its old enough , ya know to make sure its safe

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Haha nice, i can totally agree with that! Figure when its time for a new bike that will be the way to go... Or say its for the baby but i might as well use it until its old enough , ya know to make sure its safe
I am telling on you ;)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's a great weekend for you guys. If she likes shopping there is malls near highland. Search what do. Maybe send her to a spa. I am lucky if I bring my lady she is ripping right along with me. I am in hopes that she comes with us this time (boywonder and I) for a double dip of highlands and thunder.

Blk06CompIRL

That's a great weekend for you guys. If she likes shopping there is malls near highland. Search what do. Maybe send her to a spa. I am lucky if I bring my lady she is ripping right along with me. I am in hopes that she comes with us this time (boywonder and I) for a double dip of highlands and thunder.
Good to know thank you! I have never been to NH in anyway and looks like i may be able to get up there a lil early on fri to get in some quality time. My wife isnt much of a rider she likes the rail trails and 6 mile / allaire kind of stuff. She does enjoy coming for my DH days though as she generally brings a book and chills out... And holds all the stuff :)

Top Bottom