pump track design plans?

Discussion in 'Gravity Rules' started by clarkenstein, Nov 3, 2008.

1. clarkenstein

clarkenstein Well-Known Member

does anyone have any links to pumptrack design/layout plans that are suitable for public parks? i'm looking for something similar to the highbridge layout, but possibly smaller. what i am looking for is a good resource on how to go about building one that would be suitable for a public park that doesn't have a ton of space. some of the features that i would like to look into are a beginner/intermediate DJ line, a small area of skinnies, and a pumptrack.

2. Droptopchevy

Droptopchevy Advanced Sports Inc Shop Keep

3. clarkenstein

right on. totally along the lines i was looking for.

4. Droptopchevy

5. NJ-XC-Justin

NJ-XC-Justin KY-DH-Freddy

Someone please build me one of these thank you.

6. Droptopchevy

You must build, they will come. Just get a group of people together with similar interests and start building. I build by myself sometimes and it gets boring and seems like I get no where.

7. FFT

FFT Gay & Stuffy

I always refer to Higbridge as a benchmark for public use. It is small, fun, and safe. But you have to prepare for the public hack - He comes in many forms, I've even seen him on rollerblades in the pump track. I sh1t you not, f***ing rollerblades!!!

8. clarkenstein

that small one - with the wall ride - that is probably something that'll work. dude - thanks for finding all this. its awesome! the leelikesbikes link is great.

NJ-XC-J - i'm using some of this for a proposal that i'm sending to a local township rec dept for a super-long-shot possibility of a small bike skills park to be added to a local township park. i figured it was worth a shot. some of the things i am including are a pumptrack and some not-so-high skinnies, and a beginner DJ line.

9. Droptopchevy

If you need drafted plans made I may be of assistance.

< Architecture student.

10. FFT

FFT Gay & Stuffy

Dont rule out the idea of a multiuse park that wood have to include the use of concrete. Sayerville is a blast if you get there b4 the tight pants do.

11. Droptopchevy

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  12. clarkenstein

once i figure out the size of the area allowed - i just might take you up on that.

sayerville is good fun (i'll occasionally make that trip) but the main issue is keeping cost absurdly low.

13. clarkenstein

14. Droptopchevy

Looking in the right places you can find construction material for free or close to it. The labor would be a main factor from there. Wooden/Concrete structures could also have sponsors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It would probably be more interest at companies of a smaller scale say LBS or skate shops if it is a concrete park.

15. warcricket

warcricket Like a Jerk

middlebush park?
    i always though that would be a great place for a public park.

16. THATmanMANNY

THATmanMANNY Active Member

On the money. But we only say that cause it's very close to us :D

I've thought about that too when they first opened the skate park up there and they had mounds of dirt around. There is a lot of space not being used. My only concern is the immature 16 yr old kids ;) using the skatepark that like to destroy things, litter, etc... :hmmm:

17. THATmanMANNY

THATmanMANNY Active Member

not to mention have to have their rents sign waivers :rofl:

You're suppose to attend a class to use that skatepark, which I think is a good idea. I think that should be the same for a pump/jump track, therefore, no one is held liable. The only problem is no one really checks at the skatepark but they do do a good job off scooting kids home when it's dark.

18. warcricket

warcricket Like a Jerk

scum of the earth.:rolleyes:

ice cold bro, ice cold.

anywho, i've got my fingers crossed for this!!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  19. clarkenstein

spot on guys. we'll see what happens after i drop in el-proposal-o. its a long shot right now, but they are in the process of planning some new stone/cinder trails for the park - this is an attempt to piggyback off of that. i think it would be a great addition to the park, and it would give a spot for kids who currently ride in parking lots and corporate parks a spot to go locally. fingers crossed.

20. dhsean

dhsean New Member