prescription eyewear

Tarroneus

The F8 are OK but tend to fog up and don't have great peripheral vision. I have a pretty heavy script so not sure I have many options.

Big Al

I have Oakley Half Jackets with transition lenses. They're great but they'll cost ya.

Tarroneus

I have Oakley Half Jackets with transition lenses. They're great but they'll cost ya.

yeah I think the Flaks will be $400 with Rx. It is harsh but better than trashing my regular glasses. Also they look cool and might inspire my kids to stop calling me a geek.

Mr.Moto

I've had Liberty Sport glasses and they worked out okay. I was pretty much at the limits of what they could put in for prescription. Many of the high curvature sport glasses like Oakley cannot be set up with a strong prescription. Check before you buy. I think Oakley is somewhere around -3 or -4 max on the the glasses like Halfs or Flaks.

Lately, I've used the more standard prescription frames like Oakley Crosslinks.

RSAmerica

IMG_2971.JPG
IMG_2968.JPG
IMG_2969.JPG
IMG_2970.JPG

I have been riding for a few years with these Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame with ESS RX-insert. I have 4 different lens colors. ESS is a subsidiary of Oakley. These are Special Issue military.

Another option is:
ESS Crossbow which also takes the ESS RX-insert. These are cheaper the the Oakley but the same quality. My Bro has a pair.

http://www.esseyepro.com/cross-series

The ESS RX-Insert will only work with the Oakley SI ballistic M-Frame or the ESS Cross series.

qclabrat

do you have problems with the transition lenses as you go into wooded sections from sunny? I remember when my kids had them when they were younger it took awhile to go back to clear
My depth vision is already so bad I would not be able to deal with the transition time

RickVaughn

i got the rec specs and with a strong prescription i can't wear them. they flex to your face and it distorts my vision so much i get nauseous. Ordered a regular pair of glasses from Warby Parker and throw an elastic strap around them.

additionally, if anyone wants a pair of F8s hit me up.

Big Al

do you have problems with the transition lenses as you go into wooded sections from sunny? I remember when my kids had them when they were younger it took awhile to go back to clear
My depth vision is already so bad I would not be able to deal with the transition time
No. No problems. The only drawbacks are if you go inside from sunny, it takes a while to clear. Also, not great as sunglasses for driving b/c the windshield filters the UV which is what activates the lenses to darken. I use these glasses while riding at night so they do go perfectly clear.

Top Bottom