Post your.....cowbell?

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
C'mon, I know you've got 'em. It doesn't matter if it's big or small, old or new, an unusual color, If you show me yours, I'll show you mine....

Cowbells. You pervert.

They make you pedal faster. With a linear increase in number of cowbells, there is an exponential increase in functional threshold power (Heckler, et al. 2016). Show us your favorite cycling noisemaker - cowbell, bullhorn, vuvuzela, air raid siren, didgeridoo, whatever. Tell us where you got it, why you like it, and when you plan on using it next. We all love the party that is 'cross, so let's show some love to our favorite party tools.

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
I'll go first. Real utilitarian on this one. The Amazon value pack - one dozen cowbells, 'merica colors. Enough to give to your friends and family when they come to watch you participate in your favorite depraved sport!

20161021_203826.jpg

I was really favoring the red ones at Hippo when we were hanging out in the beer tent. Going to have to double-fist with the blue and white ones at Marty Cross this weekend.

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
I bought my first cowbell for this weekend
View attachment 42586

No better time than the present.

The big ones are from harbor freight tools. Really cheap,Really loud,Really annoying. Also cowbells do make you pedal faster cause you wanna get away from the noise.
View attachment 42591

+1 for Shimano-branded bell. Where did you get that bad boy?

MacGyver of cowbells?!? How does it function - is it an up-and-down, or more of a side-to-side? Am curious to see in action.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
No better time than the present.

+1 for Shimano-branded bell. Where did you get that bad boy?

MacGyver of cowbells?!? How does it function - is it an up-and-down, or more of a side-to-side? Am curious to see in action.

more of a semi-harmonic-torsional movement ;)

something like this

oobaa47

So while working on the Sterling Forest trail last month, my rake hit something hard, clearly not a rock as it made a hollow'ish metal sound. As I dug it up, sure enough it turned out to be a cow bell (or perhaps an ox's bell?). The thing was ancient, possibly from the 17 or 1800's? One of the Americorp volunteers working there that day had pretty good knowledge about the area. He said the area had an old iron-ore mine that was used during the revolutionary war. So who knows, maybe it had something to do with the iron-ore mine, or maybe from an ox pulling out some lumber Either way, it was a pretty cool find. Of course no pics, sorry. I actually decided to leave it there on a rock, so maybe someone else will find it some day.........

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
So while working on the Sterling Forest trail last month, my rake hit something hard, clearly not a rock as it made a hollow'ish metal sound. As I dug it up, sure enough it turned out to be a cow bell (or perhaps an ox's bell?). The thing was ancient, possibly from the 17 or 1800's? One of the Americorp volunteers working there that day had pretty good knowledge about the area. He said the area had an old iron-ore mine that was used during the revolutionary war. So who knows, maybe it had something to do with the iron-ore mine, or maybe from an ox pulling out some lumber Either way, it was a pretty cool find. Of course no pics, sorry. I actually decided to leave it there on a rock, so maybe someone else will find it some day.........
Story makes up for the picture. May have to go on a bell-hunt.....

Got some red hook branded cowbells packed up somewhere, may never find those again.
You been? How was? Was thinking of going to watch next Spring. After this year's huge crash, I figured I needed to witness the carnage first hand.

Lucky for you @StayHydrated , we're racing our bicycles at similar start times ....
I'm looking forward to the day when you upgrade and can verbally harass me via megaphone, can't wait. We heard that thing alllll the way down the hill today.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
Story makes up for the picture. May have to go on a bell-hunt.....

You been? How was? Was thinking of going to watch next Spring. After this year's huge crash, I figured I needed to witness the carnage first hand.

I'm looking forward to the day when you upgrade and can verbally harass me via megaphone, can't wait. We heard that thing alllll the way down the hill today.
Worth the venture down, really cool thing to watch. It's really become a huge spectical.

Also SORRY I DID T MAKE IT DOWN FOR WAFFLE! Took me way too lon to get my shit together and I though SS was an hot earlier :(

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
Also SORRY I DID T MAKE IT DOWN FOR WAFFLE! Took me way too lon to get my shit together and I though SS was an hot earlier :(

No worries - everyone was pretty exhausted and my parents had to drive back to NY, so the stove got packed up and we rolled out.

Podium >>>> Waffle.

Waffle rain check?

Top Bottom